4 Day Swiss Travel Pass Geneva to Weggis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2016 at 9:06:54 #809257

We are travelling to Geneva via plane on the 30th May. Our final destination is Weggis on Lake Lucerne. This is a taster few days and want to pack in as much as we can.

I have found it difficult to manage timings etc over the internet and would welcome information as follows:-

Arrive Geneva 10.15 am and have Swiss travel pass to use on a train to Lucerne/Weggis. Have all day to get there and would like suggestions on which train to catch as we would love to take in as much scenery as possible and also I understand that sitting on the correct side will give better views. Would like to take the boat to Weggis but unsure of the timings (hourly?) and what the transfer would be like from the train station to the boat station. Also what would be the last sailing from Lucerne to Weggis? I trust my swiss tp will cover the cost of all of this.

Thanks for your help. Will be seeing how this forum works and will be asking for more info on timings for the visits to Pilates and Rigi from Weggis so if someone knows this already would be excellent .

Many thanks to MySwissAlps for this forum and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you in the future.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    20 May 2016 at 17:34:33 #852308

Hi Lynsey, thanks for joining us!

The Swiss Travel Pass indeed covers Geneva-Lucerne-Weggis, plus the trip up to the Rigi. Details on the Swiss Travel Pass validity can be found here. You can get your passes online, which is the easiest way to receive them in time before heading off for Geneva. Purchase options are listed here. In your case I suggest buying through http://www.swissrailways.com. Once you’ve entered your travel data and address, you can choose from several delivery options. Pick “Online ticket” for the print at home variant; no shipping or handling fees apply.

The Golden Pass route from Montreux to Lucerne would be the most scenic route. Please find all information on our Golden Pass page. Boats for Weggis leave from Lucerne as late as about 19:15, so you should be able to complete the entire journey within one day.

There are two ways to find travel times:

• either through the regular Swiss timetable, which includes mountain transportation and boats. The “advanced search” option allows you to (de)select specific modes of traveling. The “Route” tabs on each of our attractions pages such as Rigi, Pilatus and Lake Lucerne boats explain which names to enter as your arrival stations;
    • through the specific timetables of Rigi, Pilatus, boats and other attractions. Links to these timetables can be found on the pages I linked to above. All further day trips are listed here.
  • The thread ‘4 Day Swiss Travel Pass Geneva to Weggis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.