Which pass for 4 day trip Switzerland Easter 2016?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 23:50:12 #808676

Hi,

I am planning to visit Switzerland on 4 day trip with base city as Lucerne.Please advise on below itenary

24 March: Arrival 9:30 am to Zurich –Tke Train to Lucern-Checkin Hotel IBIS Budget,Lucern

1. 24 March (Weather predicted sunny)MOUNT TITLIS

• Lucerne to Engelberg ( By train)
    • Engleberg to Klientitils ( mountain car rides/gondola)
    • Engelberg – Hergiswil by train
    • Hergiswil – Luzern by boat

(Will it be possible to cover if start from lucern by 2pm??)

2. 25th March Mount Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe (Weather cludy with slight snow)

Lucern -Interlaken- Jungfraujoch

3. 26 March: Mount Pilatus (Weather cloudy )

4. 27 March (Sunny weather) Lucerene Lake Tour

Lucern -Zurich Airport

What travel pass should i take which covers all these: Swiss Rail Pass or Tel Pass?

Please advise.

Mohit P

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    21 March 2016 at 11:44:34 #849625

Hi montyjonty,

Great that you’re leaving for Lucerne so soon! As for your questions: the Tell Pass doesn’t include the ride for the Jungfraujoch, so if I were you I’d consider either a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card. The pages I linked to provide all details on validity, purchase options, etc.

Mind to only visit mountain tops in case skies are clear. You can best check weather forecasts the prior evening and even in the morning, shortly before leaving. Make some back-up plans in case weather is too bad to get up. Tips are at our Lucerne page.

The timetable allows you to plan each trip in detail. Getting to the Titlis and making a (short) boat ride may be a bit too much if you can start traveling no earlier than 2pm.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2016 at 12:09:56 #849626

Hi Annika

Thanks for your reply

I have some changes to my itinerary as I have been told that Jungfraucho day trip would be just too much with a 5 yr old kid

Day 1 Lucerne Lake and City around

Day 2: Interlaken or Mount Rigi(Plz suggest)

Day 3: Mount Titlis

Day 4: Mount Pitalus

Now I presume Tel Pass would be a viable option although I wish to know if this covers Zurich Airport to Lucern and back as well

Cheers

Monty

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 March 2016 at 14:22:32 #849627

Hi Monty,

In that case a Tell-Pass indeed makes sense. Zurich airport to Lucerne is covered from Baar (see the map Annika linked to), so you need to buy a ticket to Baar at the airport.

The ride to Interlaken is very nice (Golden Pass line), but the ride to Mount Rigi is wonderful too, and easy to combine with a boat trip and a walk. Please see below to make a choice:

Interlaken itself (the town) is not worth your time.

• The thread ‘Which pass for 4 day trip Switzerland Easter 2016?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.