4 Day trip to Zurich from Prague

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2013 at 9:40:21 #806019

We are planning for a 4 day trip from Prague to Zurich ,from 4th July to 7th July of this year.
    Totally we are 3 people me and my husband and 2.5yrs kid.
    For accommodation we are plan to stay in Zurich itself.
    And we planned to visit following places,
    1-July 4th -zurich lake
    2 -July 5th -MT.Titles
    3 -July 6th -Jungfrau mountain in interlaken
    4 -July7th -Lucerene-Mountain pilatus.

I want to know the following things
    1) For train pass-for 2 people + 1kid(2.5yrs) which is best?
    Swiss pass/Flexi pass/Golden pass
    2)After buying the any of the pass -do i need to pay for any of the trains we are travelling in the above mentioned places?
    3)Any discount to visit Muesum/travel in Mount Car.

Mainly on the budget we have to plan everything in ahead.

Regards,

2)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    26 May 2013 at 7:10:22 #838769

Hello skoda. A 4 day Swiss Saver Pass for the adults, plus a free Swiss Family Card for the child, would be a convenient option. All regular train, bus and boat trips are for free. You’ll have to buy additional 50% discounted tickets for Engelberg-Titlis, Wengen/Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch and Alpnachstad/Kriens-Pilatus. You may want to replace your trip to the Pilatus by a trip to the Rigi, which is a beatiful viewing point near Lucerne too; it’s entirely for free with a Swiss Saver Pass. Please review the Swiss Pass page and download the validity map for all details.

An alternative would be the Swiss Half Fare Card. This requires you to buy 50% discounted tickets for all trips.

The Swiss Saver Pass offers free entrance to lots of museums throughout the country; the Swiss Half Fare Card doesn’t. I don’t know what you mean with Mount Car.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2013 at 2:40:34 #838770

Hi Annika,
    Thank you so much for the reply,however I still have some questions,
    1) Can we buy the Swiss Saver Pass for the adults, plus a free Swiss Family Card-after reaching the Zurich airport ?
    will it be crowded by tourists?difficulty in locating the ticket shops?
    2)On the accommodation part which is a best place to stay-Zurich/Lucrene/Engelberg?
    3) There is a slight change in our travel plan ,instead of 4th we reach Zurich on 5th @4pm-as its evening which places I can cover?
    4)And also on 8th we have to board our flight @ 5pm,so for half day-say till 1pm which places we can see?

Regards,

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 May 2013 at 3:28:54 #838771

Hi skoda,

1) All purchase options are at the Swiss Pass page (select your country, travelers and pass first). Buying at the airport is one of the options. You’re traveling in high season, it can be busy, but it will vary and it’s hard to predict. If you don’t want to loose time you can easily get the pass in advance. If you get it through the webshop of the Swiss railways you can validate the pass yourself and board the first available train immediately.

2) Lucerne is the best location for the plans on your list. It’s more central than Zurich, and Engelberg is quite isolated. Hotels near the old town and rail station are listed here. There is a similar overview for Zurich as well.

3) & 4) It depends on where you decide to stay. Mountain transport services are usually only available until late afternoon, you’d best check the timetable for that. I would suggest to explore the town you’re staying in and/or do a boat trip on Lake Lucerne or Lake Zurich on the 5th. On the 8th, a short boat trip would be an option as well, as well as a mountain trip if you start early (e.g. Pilatus, which is very close to Lucerne). You need nice weather for that, so I would recommend to decide the prior evening. A museum visit can also be done that morning.

• The thread ‘4 Day trip to Zurich from Prague’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.