4 days itinerary end May is it possible with kids

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2016 at 11:52:07 #808625

Hi, We (2 adults 2 kids 7 and 4 yrs old) travelling to Switzerland from London for the first end of May. We will reach Zurich by 9pm.

– Planning to travel to Lucerne same night and stay there.

Day 1: Buy 4 days Swiss pass then visit Mount Pilatus half day. any idea how much will it cost with Swiss pass I know it is not completely covered under Swiss pass. In the evening troll to Chapel Bridge and Lucerne town centre. Any Halal restaurants in Lucerne?

Day 2: Check out from hotel and leave the luggage there. Then visit Mt. Rigi. i have read that transportation to Rigi is covered under Swiss pass but can someone plz confirm. Come back to hotel around afternoon and pick luggage and travel to Lauterbrunnen. Can we take Glacier train or Panoramic train to Lauterbrunnen from Lucerne and whether it is covered under Swiss pass? Reach Lauterbrunnen around 7-8 stay in hotel. Again any halal restaurants in that area?

Day 3: visit Jungfraujoch. again whether the trasportation covered under swiss pass. come back around lunch time and then visit some waterfalls in Lauterbrunnen area.

Day 4: Check out and leave luggage in hotel reception. Either explore more in Lauterbrunnen or plan to go Wengen. What you will suggest? How far is Wengen. Considering we have to head to Zurich for our return flight at 9:30 pm so we have to leave Lauterbrunnen by 5 pm to be at Zurich airport by at least 7 or 7:30 pm.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 March 2016 at 2:02:37 #849433

Hi Nomsat-

The following links will help you to answer many of your questions:

map.search.ch/

Check Lauterbrunnen and Wengen.

and,

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

That is a start.

Slowpoke

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2016 at 6:27:02 #849434

Hello nomsat,

Please check here to find out what’s free versus discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass (not Swiss Pass, that’s something else): myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/validi ty.

All our attraction pages have links to the regular, non-discounted prices: http://www.myswissalps.com/ activities.

Sorry, I don’t know about halal restaurants. I just did a search and found http://www.zabihah.com/Switze rland/Luzern/, but I don’t know whether that’s accurate.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 16:16:04 #849435

Thanks Arno for the useful info specially regarding halal restaurants. I will come back to you after reading these links.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2016 at 20:51:45 #849436

Hi,

I am planning to take Golden Pass train from Lucerne to Interlaken as it is included in the Swiss Pass. Trying to find the timetable but the link takes me to SBB portal and it just shows

InterRegio 2934

LUZERN-INTERLAKEN EXPRESS.

How to know which train is Golden Pass?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 March 2016 at 22:15:30 #849437

Hi Nomsat-

That is the same…or, rather, it is one of the three parts that make up the Golden Pass Route.

Check this link:

http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2016 at 0:40:01 #849438

Hi Nomsat

The Golden Pass is the name given to the whole route from Luzern to Montreux. The section from Luzern to Interlaken is also known separately as the Luzern-Interlaken Express. So all the trains on that route are part of the Golden Pass and the timetable has given you the right train.

Maggie

• The thread ‘4 days itinerary end May is it possible with kids’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.