4 days trip to Jungfrau, Lucerne and Zermatt

4 days trip to Jungfrau, Lucerne and Zermatt

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
cheeese
cheeese
3 posts
Nov 5, 2015 - 4:35 PM

Hello,

I planned to make a 4 day short trip to Switzerland beginning from Zurich. I hope to cover Jungfrau, Lucerne and Zermatt. Can anyone advise if this is possible and how should I do this.?

Thanks

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Nov 6, 2015 - 7:06 AM

Hi Cheeese,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps! It's certainly possible if you don't mind to switch towns/hotel every day.You can start with a day in Lucerne, take the Golden Pass line to Interlaken or a nearby town and visit Jungfraujoch. Finally proceed to Zermatt. You can also do it the other way round, depending on your arrival/departure time. A 4-day Swiss Travel Pass would cover your trips.

Please see the above links and the planning tips to get started.

cheeese
cheeese
3 posts
Nov 7, 2015 - 5:46 AM in reply to Annika

Thanks Annika. However I understood that the Golden Pass Line is not available till early December. Is there other way to move from Lucerne to Zematt?

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Nov 7, 2015 - 2:07 PM in reply to cheeese

Hi cheeese,

The Golden Pass line is always operational. There are construction works in November (discussed here), but there's a replacement bus for that section, so no problem to travel there. Where did you read it's not available? What's your exact travel date? You can check the timetable for that date to obtain details.

Arno

Last modified on Nov 7, 2015 - 2:32 PM by Annika
cheeese
cheeese
3 posts
Nov 7, 2015 - 2:29 PM in reply to Arno

Sorry. I have mistaken. It is the Glacier Express that is not available. I planned to reached Zurich on 20 Nov.

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Nov 8, 2015 - 10:53 AM

You are right about the Glacier Express. The line never closes however. You can also take the regular trains if you like: myswissalps.com/glacie rexpress.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016