4 days trip with 2.5 yr old kid around Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 22:26:20 #808675

Hi All, I’m travelling to Swiss with family (Wife and 2.5 years old kid) in 3 days ie on 23rd March from now.Appreciate your feedback and help deciding upon further on itinerary.

I have made my base as Ringgenberg near Interlaken. Since I have kid ,I do not prefer much physical demanding activities. Following is itinerary

23rd March – Reaching to Zurich ariport at 14:00, Take train to Interlaken,Is there any Asian/Indian grocery store around this area to cook ?

24th March – Interlaken to Jungfraujoch, Please advice is it good to take 2.5 years old kid on high altitude..If not this which is best in little lower altitude?

25th March – Train to Lucern , Please suggest kids friendly places in and around Lucern

26th March – Interlaken to Montreux (GoldenPass Line) , Please suggest Swiss Travel pass is free for this? Also Is reservation necessary?

27th March: Travel from Interlaken to Zurich airport , flight at 14:00. Is there any other places of interest for short duration ie 2 or 3 in Zurich? or on the way to Zurich?

Considering the above itinerary, Can you let me know Swiss travel pass for 2 ie 502 CHF makes sense?

Also please advice on the temporary sim card with some data for just 5 days

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    21 March 2016 at 11:25:03 #849624

Hi TravelFreak1, thanks for joining us!

Your itinerary seems fine to me. Here are some thoughts:

• The height of the Jungfraujoch shouldn’t be a problem for your 2,5 year old (please see under “Preparation” at our Jungfraujoch page), but if you have any doubts, please consult your doctor before leaving to Switzerland.
    • Lots of tips and activities that are fun for kids too are at our Lucerne page.
    • Yes, the Golden Pass is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass; please review the "Validity" section of our Swiss Travel Pass page. Reservations are not required: details are at our Golden Pass page.
    • Zurich’s Bahnhofstrasse and old town center are certainly worth a short visit. Tips are at our Zurich page.

Yes, a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass with additional regular tickets for March 23 makes sense. You may compare it to a Swiss Half Fare Card by making calculations. Keep in mind that you’ll have to buy discounted tickets for each trip with a Swiss Half Fare Card though.

Our page on SIM cards provides tips.

• The thread ‘4 days trip with 2.5 yr old kid around Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.