40% off Swiss Passes for US and Canadian families

• Arno
    15483 posts
    1 May 2011 at 10:09:16 #804250

Dear travelers,

Our partner RailEurope currently offers more than 40% off the 8-day Swiss Saver Pass and 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. You have to decide quickly though, as this Switzerland Family Rail Sale is only valid until May 5, 2011.

Purchase page for US travelers (and the other countries listed below)
    Purchase page for Canadian travelers

More details about the offer:
    – You’ll get a 40% discount on a 8-day Swiss Saver Pass or 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for 2 adults:
    2nd class 8-day Swiss Saver Pass: USD/CAD 408 instead of 692
    2nd class 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass: USD/CAD 270 instead of 458
    Shipping your passes is free for orders from USD/CAD 399.
    – 1st class passes are available as well.
    – You’ll get a free Swiss Family Card, allowing your children to travel along for free.
    – You’ll get one free adult ticket for the lift to Mount Titlis. The other adult and the children get the discounts they would get with the regular passes: 50% off for the adult and free traveling for the children. Each family member will receive a free Titlis baseball hat. The whole family may ride the Ice Flyer chairlift for free (normally CHF 12 per adult, CHF 6 per child).
    – To make your traveling even more comfortable, you’ll get two vouchers to have 2 pieces of luggage be transported from one rail station to the other, for free.
    – You’ll also get all the advantages included in any regular Swiss Saver Pass or regular Swiss Saver Flexi Pass.
    – Your pass needs to be validated no later than 6 months after purchase. This means you can start using it until early November.
    – This offer is only valid for two adults traveling with their children up to 15 years old. It is not available for adults traveling without children.
    – This offer is available to travelers from Canada and the US. It’s also available for residents of Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Curacao, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos and the Virgin Islands. It is not available to residents from other countries.

More details from RailEurope (US)
    More details from RailEurope (Canada)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2011 at 18:02:14 #832676

I purchased the 8 day swiss pass–1st cl–as did two of our traveling companions taking advantage of the 50% off. I subsequently noted on your forum that this offer might only be valid for families traveling with children. Since the fee has already been charged to my credit card, what options do I have? When I completed the form for the pass, there was no requirement to list children. I am now quite confused. Does this offer require that children be present? Considering that my credit card has been charged, what changes could I do?

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 May 2011 at 13:20:52 #832677

Hi bneuschatz,

I’m sorry to hear that. This offer is indeed specifically for families with children. This is what Rail Europe states on their offer page: “IMPORTANT – If parents/legal guardian are not present with their children at the time of validation, pass will not be validated by conductors”. I assume this statement was on that page when you ordered, but I’m not 100% sure about that. I would advice to contact RailEurope and explain what happened. They are be able to solve this one way or the other. It may be necessary to cancel this order and order the regular pass again, but please contact them first to see what options are available.

Let me know if this works out well for you!

• The thread ‘40% off Swiss Passes for US and Canadian families’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.