4days schedule

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 December 2011 at 9:08:38 #804795

hi,
    i will be flying to switzerland on feb 3rd from paris.
    Paris (orly airport) to Geneva.
    I have plans to stay in Swiss for 4 days.I will take swiss pass for fourdays. i have plans to visit, Geneva lake, Interlacken (jungfraujoch), Lucerene, St.Moritz to Zermatt via glacier’s express. so can u please let me know wether there will be good connectivitity between these cities by buses, train, boats etc… and can anybody help to tell wether the scheduled is ok for 4 days. thank you.
    SHILPA

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    2 December 2011 at 10:41:49 #834535

Hello Shilpa,

Having spent many holidays in Switzerland, this really seems a lot to me. For example: from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch and back is rather much already, although it’s doable and of course dependable on your further plans for that particular day. The trip from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch is wonderful and if the weather is fine, I think you will want to spend some time up there.

I would recommend all your options, but again, it’s much for four days.

Perhaps it’s a good idea for you to check the timetable, so that you can find out someting about connections and travelling times. Please realise that you will be visiting four cantons in four days and there will be much travelling (time) between them.

I’m sure you will find out the best way to spend your four days in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2011 at 23:35:45 #834536

thank you so much..i will try to reschedule my plan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2011 at 22:39:34 #834537

Hi Shilpa,

I also agree that this will be too tight schedule.

Since I have put lot of efforts in planning our schedule, I can help you in this regard.

Since you will be having Swiss Pass, you can come to Montreux from Geneva and take Golden Pass train to Interlaken. It’s a scenic train with panoramic windows. You will enjoy it.

On day 2 you can do Jungfraujoch. It will be a whole day excursion. You will get only 25% discount on this journey from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch against Swiss Pass.

On day 3 you can do Zermat and Gornergrat from Interlaken. ( Since a centre place keep your base station as Interlaken) You will have to go to Spiez and then take trains to Zermat via Visp. Again it will be a whole day trip. There you can see the Matterhorn the most photographed mountain in Alps.

On day 4 you can visit Lake Brienz, Meiringen. In Meiringen you can visit Reichenbach Fall and Aare Gorge.

Enjoy and happy stay in Switzerland.

Atul Bhide
    India

• The thread ‘4days schedule’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.