About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum 5 day car trip in August, starting from Geneva
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

5 day car trip in August, starting from Geneva

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
djeyakodi
djeyakodi
1 post
Jul 20, 2020 - 11:49 AM

Hello Everyone,

Currently, I am residing in Marseille, france and will take a rental car from here to visit Switzerland between Aug 13 and august 17th 2020.

please suggest a good itinerary for 5 days to cover best places and some Scenic drives and also the good holiday homes/apartment to stay during the visit.

i need to cross france border via Geneva so if the itinerary starts from there would be good.

Planning to stay one night near Lausanne or montreaux then next 3 nights stay at one place from there go back and forth to visit the places.

thanks

Annika
Annika
6344 posts
expert &
Jul 20, 2020 - 1:28 PM in reply to djeyakodi

Hi djeyakodi, and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

Nice you'll be exploring Switzerland next August! There are lots and lots of options for a 5 day car itinerary, and you'll have to decide what suits your needs and wishes. The same goes for accommodation. Note that most apartments and holiday homes (www.myswissalps.com/rentals) don't allow for such short stays. You may be better off looking for hotels instead (www.myswissalps.com/hotels).

I'll discuss just some options below, allowing you to plan and book according to your preferences:

I'd advise you study this section carefully before driving in Switzerland: www.myswissalps.com/car. It's important to be familiar with traffic regulations and the expected behavior and skills on mountain routes. Check if your rental car has a motorway vignette. If not, you should get one: www.myswissalps.com/motorwayvignette. If you plan to make side trips including public transportation, it's worth looking into a Swiss Half Fare Card: www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard.

I hope this gets you started. Have fun preparing!

Last modified on Jul 20, 2020 - 1:30 PM by Annika

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020