5 day itinerary based in Lauterbrunnen and Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 8:12:45 #811544

I am planning a 5 day trip to Switzerland arriving Zurich from Germany and heading to Salzburg before going back. I want to cover Jungfrau, Mt titlis , Zurich ,Lucerne and if possible one panorama train. As of now, I am thinking of spending day 1 ( of arrival) in Zurich and take a Zurich city pass for the day. Then activate my swiss pass next day(day 2) and travel to Lauterbrunnen , check in and head to Jungfrau. Next day (day 3) see Interlaken and take boat trip at lake thun or breinz. Then checkout from Lauterbrunnen next day (day 4) and head to engelberg and cover mt titlis on same day. Next day(day 5) see lucern and spend night back at engelberg.. Check out on day 5 from engelberg. Head to zuricha nd catcha train to Salzburg. Does this itinerary look feasible? I am unable to fit in day of panorama train in interlaken. Can I plan a better itinerary given I have to arrive and depart from Zurich.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 12:00:42 #862156

Hi Ashima and welcome to MySwissAlps!

That itinerary looks good to me. It is hard to fit in a panoramic train in your area however.
    On your last day after visiting Mt. Titlis, you could take the Golden Pass panoramic train to Montreux from Luzern and overnight there and then head off to Salzburg the next day? The train from Montreux will travel to Salzburg via Zurich – do you already have a ticket from Zurich to Salzbrug?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 13:40:11 #862157

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your suggestion. will look into it as i have not yet booked tickets to salzburg .i am heading to mt titlis on the day i shift from lauternbrunnen.however next day i plan to spend in lucern.should i skip seeing lucerne on last day and opt for a panorama train instead?i plan to take a swiss travel pass for 4 days activated on 2nd day of trip.is golden pass covered by swiss travel pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 16:05:55 #862158

Yes, I think a 1/2 day in Luzern is ok and then use the next day for the Golden Pass Panoramic train.
    It is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass yes. Reservations are available (not mandatory) and can be made for an extra cost here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 19:35:48 #862159

Thanks for your reply. It really helps.

One more question if you can help. If I checkout from engelberg and carry the luggage to lucern, are storage facilities available at Lucerne railway station and typically what are the charges? Also any restrictions on carrying luggage in panorama trains?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 5:33:45 #862160

Here is a link for Luzern (local German spelling) station services. Click on the equipment and mobility link. Lockers now are between 6 and 9 CHF.

No issues taking luggage on any train in Switzerland either if you want to take it on board with you.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 7:34:26 #862161

Thanks Lucas.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2017 at 17:15:35 #862162

I want to include Zermatt. Out of 2 days in Lauternbrunnen, I can use one day for Jungfrau while second day for Zermatt skipping Lakes in Interlaken. Are there are any particular spots to visit in Interlaken? Is 1 day trip to Zermatt from Interlaken/Lauternbrunnen feasible?

Also my itinerary takes me to Engelberg Mt titlis on a Saturday and Lucerne on Sunday. Will tourist spots be all open on Saturday and Sunday? Any thing I should keep in mind?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 9:32:55 #862163

You can plan the train trip to Zermatt from Lauterbrunnen on the timetable link here– it is about 3 hours each way however.

I don’t think there is any must-see or do in the town of Interlaken no.

No problem with shops etc being open in Saturday. A lot of stores, if not all, will be closed on Sundays (except tourist information, souvenir shops and stores at the main train station).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 9:57:44 #862164

Thanks Lucas. The boat rides etc will be available in Lucerne on Sunday?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 10:36:41 #862165

Oh yes, boats, trains, cable cars will all be operating.

Lucas

• The thread ‘5 day itinerary based in Lauterbrunnen and Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.