5 day trip to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2012 at 9:51:52 #804957

Hi , I am really amazed to find this forum.
    I am planning for a honeymoon trip to switzerland in the second half of April. I am planning to go to interlaken, lucerne, mt Titlis , Jungfraujoch . Some friend of mine has said that public transport is very costly there. Can someone pls let me know how should i minimize my travelling expenses. i.e airport to hotel to the sites etc. what will be the most suitable pass for me.
    thanks .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 February 2012 at 15:52:05 #834995

Hi amitbansal0810,

I’m not sure how long you’ll be in Switzerland and if the trips you mentioned would be all you’ve planned. Regular tickets are indeed not cheap. Since you’re traveling in April, I would advice to look into these discounted passes. You only pay half the normal price so that would almost certainly save you a lot of money. This FAQ helps to do the math. For affordable hotels, you may want to check this page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 February 2012 at 2:00:15 #834996

thanks moderator.. I saw the link. I think I can go for 2 for 1 rail pass for 4 days .. that will be sufficient for me .. But can I use this pass for travel from airport to my hotel in zurich or will I have to get another pass. Please let me know ..

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 March 2012 at 11:50:05 #834997

Hello amitbansal0810. Yes, the Swiss Saver Pass will cover traveling from the airport to your hotel as well (as urban transportation in larger towns is included). The validity network map we link to from the Swiss Pass page provides all details.

• The thread ‘5 day trip to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.