5 days 4 Nights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2015 at 15:03:45 #807025

Please advise if this itinerary is doable for Summer month.

Day 1. Leave Milan and arrive Zermatt at 2pm. Stay the night.

Day 2. Leave Zermatt for Wengen at 1pm. Stay in Wengen two nights. Go on Jungfrau excursion.

Day 4. Leave Wengen in morning for Lucerne. Do Golden Trip in afternoon or morning of Day 5.

Day 5. Lucerne for Zurich for 5 pm flight to Venice.

Thanks very much! Would you advise a 5 day Swiss Pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 March 2015 at 18:29:40 #842181

Hi gnapes,

Your itinerary is doable. The only thing is that you don’t have a lot of time in each town, so there’s not much of a chance to be flexible in when you can do excursions into the mountains based on the weather. Let’s hope for clear skies!

There is no 5-day Swiss Travel Pass, but you can use a 4-day pass for day 1 to 4. A ticket from Lucerne to Zurich airport on day 5 is just CHF 29. Please see here for points of sale so that you can choose the cheapest one. You also need a ticket from Milan to Domodossola. From there, the Swiss Travel Pass covers the trains.

Please don’t post the same question twice (see the forum rules). I deleted your other thread.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2015 at 18:56:04 #842182

First off, thank you very much!!! I love your website and the information you provide is great! Secondly, I’m sorry for the double post. I won’t do it again! If the weather is bad in Zermatt would you recommend a 3rd night in Wengen, or another city?

Thank you kindly!

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 March 2015 at 9:57:54 #842183

Hi gnapes,

I’m glad you like our website! Three nights in Wengen is not too much. But deciding that last minute would mean you have booked an hotel in Zermatt that you can cancel last minute, and find an hotel in Wengen for the extra night. Whether that’s worth it is up to you. Of course the weather can be bad in Wengen also, but having more nights offers more flexibility.

• The thread ‘5 days 4 Nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.