5 days 5 night…where to start and what next

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2012 at 19:26:45 #805056

Hi,
    I found this forum very helpful…….read many post and suggestion based on that I have planned my places of interest, but how to plan them in sequence(where to start and where to end)
    Travelling with spouce and 2yr kid and will reach to Basel airport on 29 Mar 12 @10pm and returning flight on 3 Apr @6pm.
    In my trip I want to cover below places:-
    1)Interlaken
    2)Jungfrau,
    3)Mt. Titlis,
    4)Mt. Pilatus,
    5)Luzern,
    6)Rhinefalls

Please suggect the order in which i shd cover the above places with night stay to save time. Based on the suggestion I will search for hotels and book them(Need cheap hotels)

Suggest If I can include any other place in my trip?

Also will take 2 for 1 swiss rail pass for 4 Days from 1st Apr to 3Apr………but not sure which rail pass will be the best form 29th Mar to 31 Mar……please advice

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 March 2012 at 5:35:42 #835323

Hi bablooashish, and welcome to our website!

In order to make the most out of your trip, you need a rail pass for 30 and 31 March as well. Since that can indeed not be the 2-for-1 pass, I would suggest to take a regular 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for the two adults. Otherwise, you would need two passes and that’s not economical. Your child will travel along for free.

I would suggest something like this:

• 29 Mar: Arrival in Basel, and check in to an hotel near the airport or in Basel town.
    • 30 Mar: Free travel day 1 of your pass. Early travel to Interlaken, and continue on to the Jungfrau.
    • 31 Mar: Free travel day 2 of your pass. Travel from Interlaken to Luzern early, then continue on to the Rigi (free with your pass).
    • 1 Apr: Pilatus.
    • 2 Apr: Titlis.
    • 3 Apr: Free travel day 3 of your pass. Travel from Lucerne to the Rhinefalls and then to Zurich airport

Please check the Swiss Flexi Pass page for all details on the pass and to find a reseller (on the right). Good hotels can be found by following the links I included to the towns above. These hotels have been handpicked and are convenient for rail travelers as most attractions and the rail station are at walking disctance.

I hope this helps, have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2012 at 14:13:12 #835324

Hi Arno,
    Thanks alot for the update and I have further question on the same:-
    1) How I will travel from Luzern to Pilatus and Titlis, please suggest.

2)For my travel of 1 Apr and 2 Apr do I need to buy train tickets?? if there is no need to use any travel card to cover these two places then can I make my travel plan as mentioned below.

29 Mar – Buy one way train ticket to Luzern – Travel from Basil Airport to Luzern (over night stay)
    30 Mar – No rail pass required – Pilatus (to and fro to Luzern)
    31 Mar – No rail pass required -Mt.Titlis (to and fro Luzern)
    1 April – 2for1 Swiss pass free travel day 1 – Inter Laken(Early travel to Interlaken, and continue on to the Jungfrau.)
    2 Apr- 2for1 Swiss pass free travel day 2 -Travel from Interlaken to Luzern early, then continue on to the Rigi (free with your pass).
    3 Apr – 2for1 Swiss pass free travel day 3 – Travel from Lucerne to the Rhinefalls and then to Basel airport (Please advice is there is any facility to keep our luggage ay any clockroom near rhainfall as I will be travelling with a Baby push chair and 2 medium suitcsaes?)

In this case I can save some money on the rail pass cost.

Kindly suggest if the above plan look ok.

Once again thank you very much for your help.

-Ashish

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 March 2012 at 0:24:08 #835325

Hi bablooashish,
    1) You can see the details of your trips in the timetable. Enter “Pilatus Kulm” or “Kleintitlis” as your destination.

2) You need tickets for all of your trips, whether it’s train, bus or gondola tickets. Without a pass, you pay the full price, which adds up quickly. If you want, you can calculate what’s the best deal for you. You need to decide quickly as the 2-for-1 offer needs to be purchased in advance and you’re leaving soon.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘5 days 5 night…where to start and what next’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.