I am planning a 5 day trip to Switzerland in July - August time. Given below is my draft itinerary.I would like to cover as much varieties as possible keeping repetitions to the minimum. Like, would like to include some Alpine trips but not all mountain trips, one Panoramic train trip, some city sightseeing trips , checking out some historic building etc and would like to have all of them at a leisurely pace as possible.We are travelling as family with a 4 yr old child.
I hope the experienced travellers and admins can help in fine tuning this itinerary. We are not comfortable with heights and therefore have ruled out Titlis & Jungfrau trips. However, think we can manage the smaller mountain trips.
////// MY SWISS ITINERARY //////
1. Reach Zurich Airport by 13:20 pm on 31st July
2. Proceed to Lucerne to check in at Hotel
3. Spend rest of the day in Lucerne city tour to cover attractions like Chapel Bridge , Jesuit Church , Hofkirche Church etc
4. Rest for night in the hotel ( 31st July night )
5. Have Breakfast and proceed for Lake Lucerne cruise + Mt . Rigi trip ( 01st August morning )
6. In the evening, if time permits, go for city trips to see attractions like Swiss Transport Museum, Dying Lion Monument, Glacier Garden etc.
7. Rest for night ( 01 st August night )
8. Have Breakfast and proceed to Mt. Pilatus tour ( 02 nd August morning )
9. Rest for night ( 02nd August night )
10. Have Breakfast and proceed to Interlaken ( 03rd August morning )
11. Drop bags in Hotel reception lockers ( assuming will reach Interlaken before standard Check IN time )
and proceed to Lake Thun cruise.
12. After cruise, proceed for Check In at the hotel and go for a Paragliding trip if time permits.
13. Rest for the night ( 03rd August night )
14. Have Breakfast and proceed for Schilthorn trip ( 04th August morning )
15. Spend night in Interlaken for a city tour, if time permits.
16. Rest for night ( 04th August night )
17. Have Breakfast and proceed to Montreaux by the Golden Pass Panorama Classic Train ( 05th August morning )
18. Leave bags in Montreaux station lockers and proceed for tour of Chillion Castle, Lavaux vineyard , Lake Promenade , Chocolate Train etc.
19. Come back to Montreaux station, pick bags and proceed to Geneva Airport to reach by 18:30 pm
I have tried to cram in as much varieties ( for all members of the family as possible including child ) & tried to make the evenings free for leisurely activities / rest.
Kindly review and advise if this is doable or seems to be a disorganized / hurried one.
Any suggestions / criticisms for improvement welcome.