5 days trip: which pass to use

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2012 at 0:51:11 #805612

Hi,
    We’re a couple with 3 kids: 15,13,10, be in Switerland end odf Sep, beginning of Oct, for about 5 days in a cravan.
    We need an advise which pass to use, if any.
    Here is the intended trip:
    1. Basel- half day
    2. Engelberg, Titlis, Luzern.
    3. Grindwald, First, Baclap lake.
    3. Meiringen, Aereschlucht, Reichenbach falls, Langersee.
    4. Murren, Lauterbrunnen, Truemmelblach falls
    5. Kandersteg, Grindewald, Jungfrau.
    I will appreiate your opinion for the trip, and if you recommend to add or change it.
    And of course which recommnded pass to buy if any.

Thanks a lot!!!
    – ORna.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    10 September 2012 at 13:46:46 #837174

Hi ORna. The 2 for 1 deal on the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be a good deal. You’ll have 4 days of free traveling and 2 days with discounted traveling. All children under 16 are allowed to travel along for free with the free STS Family Card.

Some days of your itinerary may be a bit full, but in all I think it’s doable. I don’t know where you’ll be staying, but you can look for traveling times by entering your departure station and destinations in the timetable. Do mind your spelling (Grindelwald, Bachalpsee, Aareschlucht) when doing so, else the timetable might not be able to recognize what you mean.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2012 at 14:29:44 #837175

Hi Annika,
    Thanks for your reply. I forgot to menton that we’re travelling with a caravan, so any recommendation for camping sites will be welcome.
    Does this change the benefit of the card?
    What I do not understad is, if the 4 day SSFP is for 4 days, how come I get 2 days with discount?
    Why this is better than 4 day SSP?
    ad what about Jungfau?

thanks again,
    Orna.

Annika
    7103 posts
    11 September 2012 at 2:07:35 #837176

Hi Orna. You can best check the Swiss Flexi Pass page I linked to to learn how it works. In short: there are 4 free travel days that don’t have to be consecutive and discounted travel days in between. This way all 6 days of your stay are covered. But if you plan short trips only on your first on your last day (or the two first and the two last days), a regular consecutive 4 day Swiss Pass would work as well. The town you’ll be staying in, and thus departing from to all trips, may be decisive for the pass you can best use. Given your plans, Interlaken or a nearby town would be a central location. Doing the math can help you choose the most economcial option.

• The thread ‘5 days trip: which pass to use’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.