5 nights in lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 3:04:21 #804955

Hi , I’m pranathi again.I’ve been in touch with this forum in my initial planning and now almost finished with my bookings, visa and everthing. Thank you for all your support and tips so far.I’ve a few more queries.
    1. We’ll be reaching Geneva on March 20th by 1:00 pm , Is it possible to make a short tour of Geneva before we’d take the train to Lauterbrunnen via Bern? in that case if we take the 4:00 pm train we’ll rach lb around 7:30 in the evening.Is it feasible and is it advisable for a first timer to go in search of our chalet at that time?
    2. After 4 full days in Lauterbrunnen, We’ll take Golden pass to Geneva via Montreux. Planning to take a break in Montreux to visit Chillon castle.Is it possible to use “fast baggage” service at Lauterbrunnen station.. so that we can collect our baggages in Geneva station that day evening itself?
    3.Next day we’ll be leaving to Paris in Tgv.I checked the “Geneva station ” website which shows luggage lockers timing as 8:30 a.m to 7:00 pm.but our train departure time is 7:40 a.m…so in that case can’t we keep our lugagge in the lockers?
    Thanks again.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 February 2012 at 5:42:34 #834989

Hi pranathi,

Good to hear that our website helped you do the planning! As for your questions:

1. You can see Geneva even on foot in a couple of hours. You’ll find some information, a map, and hotels for your last night on this page. There are mini-train excusions in Geneva as well.
    Lauterbrunnen is very small. I think the tourist office will be closed by 7:30 PM. I would advice to book your chalet or hotel in advance. For 4 nights, an hotel would probably be better. There are usually not that much chalets to rent for less than a week.

2. Yes, that’s indeed possible if you hand in your luggage before 9:00 AM.

3. The manned luggage office will open at 8:30 AM. I guess there are lockers that are accessible 24 hours a day as well, but I’m not sure about that.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 10:47:44 #834990

Mi Arno, Thanks for the quick feedback.
    1.We’ve already booked our chalet in Lauterbrunnen for 5 nights. My doubt is that any way we’ll be new to the place and whether it’ll be advisable and safe to search the location of the Chalet that we’ve booked?
    2. Our hotel in Geneva is also booked for the last night.We’ll enquire the hotel also if there is storage facilility with them for luggage.
    3.I browsed the website for mini-train excursions in Geneva, and it’s very nice.Will try to plan for that .
    Thanks again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2012 at 2:08:44 #834991

Hi,
    can you please give me information whether mini train excursion in Geneva is covered by Swiss Pass or not?
    thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 March 2012 at 2:27:44 #834992

Hi pranathi,

In that case it’s no problem to arrive at 7:30 PM. It will be safe.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 March 2012 at 2:28:40 #834993

Hi drdaipayan,

The mini-train is not covered. That’s because it’s not considered public transport. It’s a tourist attraction.

• The thread ‘5 nights in lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.