6-11 Nov trip to Lucerne and Montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 9:12:30 #812348

Hi

Would like some advice.

Our flight into Zurich is 7.50am on 6 Nov and flight out of Zurich is 945am 11 November.

My initial plan is 2 nights Lucern, 2 nights at Montreau, back to Luvern one time then take earliest train to Zurich to catch the flight on 11the morning.

Is this too rush? What is a good itinerary for first timers to get the most out of the short trip to see the beauty of Switzerland.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2017 at 7:03:20 #865529

I suggest you go straight to Montreux and stay 2 nights (6 and 7 Nov).

Then take the Golden Pass route to Luzern and stay 2 nights (8 and 9 Nov), leaving for Zürich in the afternoon or evening of 10 Nov.

Spending your final night in Zürich will make it less stressful getting to the airport for an early flight. If your flight leaves at 9:45am, you will need to check in by 7:45am at the latest I would expect.

If you were willing to give Montreux a miss, I would suggest staying in the Jungfrau Region instead – Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Wengen or Mürren. It is more spectacular than Montreux.

Unfortunately your dates of travel coíncide with when a lot of mountain transport will be closed for maintenance or for seasonal reasons, so your options for mountain visits will be limited.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2017 at 8:34:34 #865530

Thank you Alpenrose.

Will take your suggestion to explore central Switzerland rather than going to Montreux.

• The thread ‘6-11 Nov trip to Lucerne and Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.