6 days 5 nights trips to Switzerland end Oct-16

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2016 at 22:17:30 #810137

Hi All,

I am planning 6 days 5 nights trips to Switzerland from 20th Oct – 25th Oct 2016 with my wife and two kids ( 7 years and 2 years old )

We are mainly interested in enjoying the scenic beauty of Switzerland with good family time.

After going through many posts, getting many valuable information and insight into what to do, have prepared following plan.

Is this doable ?Can you please give some expert advice on what will be good to add ( or remove) considering it is last week of October and we are travelling with young kid.

Which travel pass will be better choice ?

Day 1

Arrival in Basel afternoon ( 2 pm )

Travel to Lucerne some sight seeing if possible ( 1st Base Station for 3 nights )

Day 2

Rhine Falls

Zurich city tour

Lucerne night stay

Day 3

Mt Titlis and Pilatus ( is it good )

Lucerne sight seeing & night stay

Day 4

Jungfraujoch – Jungfrau region trip

Trummelbach Falls

Night stay Interlaken, or in the mountains (e.g. Grindelwald) (2nd Base station for 2 nights)

Day 5

Travel through Golden Pass. ( Interlaken to Montreux )

Geneva city tour and sight seeing

Night stay Interlaken, or in the mountains (e.g. Grindelwald)

Day 6

Bern sight seeing

Basel sight seeing

Depart for London at 9.00 pm

Regards,

Piyush

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2016 at 1:59:37 #856112

Hi Piyush, Welcome to the forum, one thing I could immediately suggest, you can’t do both on Day 3, Mt. Titlis and Pilatus, as there is a lot to do in Titlis and you would be too tired by the time you return. Rather skip Mt. Pilatus. Other than than your trip looks good and you are covering different places and doing a variety of things each day.

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 September 2016 at 7:49:51 #856113

Hi Piyush,

You can consider the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass (the most convenient option), or the Swiss Half Fare Card as an alternative. Please see:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2016 at 11:29:46 #856114

Hi Chandraks – Thanks for quick reply and suggestion I will drop Pilatus ( or keep it optional time and energy permitting )

Hi Arno – thanks for you reply on travel pass I will check those link

Do you have suggestions of Day1 and Day6 ? Is that looking good or we can do some thing else ?

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 September 2016 at 12:09:33 #856115

Hi Piyush,

You’ll find suggestions for day 1 and 6 on our Lucerne, Bern and Basel pages.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2016 at 13:22:12 #856116

Hi Piyush..I recently did a 8 day trip to Switzerland from Delhi. Stayed 2 nights each at Grindelwald, Wengen and Luzern, visiting Jungfrau, Schilthorn and Mt Titlis.

1. As you are staying in bigger towns initially instead of Interlaken try and stay in the hills…Grindelwald is a biggish town, Wengen is on the other route, a little higher and a quaint town. Also have a look at Murren and Gimmelwald though they are not on the main route.

2. Some of the attractions at Mt Titlis are now closed so besides the travel time you will not need more then two hours on the peak.

considering your kids, who are young keep Pilatus as an open option, to be decided on return from Titlis. Or have a look at Rigi which has an option of boat transit free on STP because by then you would have had your fill of Mountain Trains and Cable cars.

Have a great Trip

madduris2000
    Participant
    32 posts
    6 October 2016 at 13:42:44 #856117

Consider Zermatt, which is quite close to Jungfrau……FROM Interlaken go Zermatt via Spiez, Visp….3 or 4 hrs journey…..Matterhorn is really beautiful….see the “glacier paradise” using cable cars.

• The thread ‘6 days 5 nights trips to Switzerland end Oct-16’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.