6 days in Switzerland

• supernatjuice
    Participant
    10 posts
    17 June 2012 at 15:26:24 #805378

Hello
    This would be my 2nd trip to Switzerland and looking forward to this trip already.
    I had a great help from you guys last year when I was planning it, so I came back to this forum to get some
    more useful information 🙂

My current Itinery is, (For 2 adults) and My central hotel for 6 night stay is in Luzern.

Sept 18th – Luzern
    Sept 19th – Golden Round Trip from Luzern
    Sept 20th – Brienz then to Mountain Thorn
    Sept 21st – Lauterbrunnen
    Sept 22nd – Bern
    Sept 23rd – Friborg or Thun
    Sept 24th – Back to Canada

This is my rough schedule. I’ve been to Grindelwald,lugano,zurich last year so Im tyring to make some changes.
    If you can recommend some other towns that I can visit from Luzern, please let me know.

I am also planning to purchase 2 sets of 2 for 1 Swiss Pass deal. Even though I am staying 6 nights and 7 days, I think it would be better than other options since it is an amazing deal already anyway. Please correct me If I would be better off by buying 1 sets for 4 days and just pay half prices with expired pass.

Thank you again and have a great day

Brian

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    18 June 2012 at 7:30:59 #836448

Welcome back Brian! Great to hear that you’re planning your next visit to Switzerland. Since you’re traveling in September, you should definitely make use of the 2 for 1 deal. You could either order 2 sets of the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass to cover all days, or choose the 2 for 1 deal on the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass instead. You should use the 4 free travel days for your first and last day of traveling, plus two further days on which you plan to make the longest and most expensive trips in that case. Anyway, I wouldn’t go with only 1 set of the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass if I were you, as that would mean that you’d pay regular full fares (no half fares!) on the last few days, and these add up quickly.

Since you’re staying in Lucerne, you could choose to explore the Lucerne region more thorougly. Consider lake Lucerne, Rigi (for free with a Swiss Pass) and the Pilatus for example. But your itinerary looks fine and doable as it is now. Just out of curiosity: I don’t know any mountain Thorn in Switzerland. Do you mean the Schilthorn, or something else?

supernatjuice
    Participant
    10 posts
    18 June 2012 at 10:02:54 #836449

Hello Annika
    Thank you so much for quick response.
    I think I am going to go with order 2 sets of Swiss Saver Pass. Make it easier, No Headache to figure which date to use haha.

Lake Lucerne and Pilatus will be covered through Golden Round Trip, so I am okay with that. (I’ve done this last year and I am doing it again with my father this time)

I meant to say Mountain “Rothorn” near Brienz. I am sorry
    I checked it out from myswitzerland.com and it looked interesting.
    I will definitely try to check out Mountain Rigi if one of other options does not work out.

Thank you and I am going to order tickets now.
    Appreciate it

Brian

gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    18 June 2012 at 11:51:27 #836450

Dear Annika:
    I too will be in Switzerland (Lauterbrunnen) in September for 7 days and plan to get the 2 for 1 four-day Flexi Pass. Until this post, I wasn’t aware of the choice of getting 2 sets for the price of one. Is this an offer directed to a single traveler? Also, can you confirm that during the period covered by the pass, you can get discounted fares on mountain trains and funiculas on non-travel days.

Thanks, Gary
    Can you explain the choice

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 June 2012 at 12:23:05 #836451

Hi Gary,

I assume Brian is just refering to the 2-for-1 offer for saver passes. You get one pass for 2 people and pay for just one person. Brian intends to buy two of such passes, which is allowed.

Your choice to buy a 2-for-1 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass is perfectly fine if you plan to make 4 longer trips. You indeed get discounts on the non free travel days in between the first and last free travel day, as explained here.

• The thread ‘6 days in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.