6 Days trip to Lucerne, Interlaken and Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 July 2016 at 7:30:18 #809760

Hello all,

I will be travelling to Switzerland next week from India with my husband and my 3 years old daughter. We are planning to stay 2 days Lucerne, 3 days Interlaken and last one day Zurich. We have made all the hotel bookings and also booked Swiss 8 days Rail pass.

This is our first trip internationally, so little bit confused , so I need help to set my itinerary and need suggestion to modify it.

Day 1:- We arrive Zurich in the morning at 8’o clock and from there train to Lucerne reach there around 10’0 clock. After freshen up we are planning to explore Mount Rigi. In the evening Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Old Town, Lake Lucerne. (Please suggest which train is suitable from Zurich to Lucerne and advance reservation is required).

Day 2:- Mount Titles – stay till afternoon. In the evening , visit Bern is good idea? Please suggest or any other place to visit.

Please also suggest good place for shopping in Lecerne and Bern (not so costly).

Day 3:-Transfer Lucerne to Interlaken via Golden pass line (pls suggest advance booking is required). After reaching want to visit nearby place like Harder Kulum, Schillthorn and Trummelbach falls, Lake Thun. What the charges for cruise on Brienz lake. As we also need to experience for the cruise.

Day 4:- Need suggestion (whethere we do Day trip to Zermatt, Lausanne, Chateau de Chillon etc.)

Day 5:- Jungfrau region, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Grindelwald and village in between.

Please also suggest good place for shopping (not so costly).

Day 6:- Transfer to Zurich. Rhine Falls, Lake Zürich, Rapperswill, Rose Gardens etc.

Please also suggest good place for shopping (not so costly).

Day 7:- Depart from Zurich.

We don’t want to see so much Mountain as Titles, Rigi and Jungfrau is enough because for my daughter need to go different place.

Thanks

PayalS

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    26 July 2016 at 19:10:33 #854599

Hello PayalS, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Good to hear you’ve made your hotel bookings and arranged for an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass. As for your itinerary: I’ll be providing some links that will help you find the information you’re looking for.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    27 July 2016 at 23:53:54 #854600

Hi PayalS-

You’re trying to go to a large number of places, and, as a consequence, are less likely to enjoy any of them.

Anika has given good advice…cut back on the number of distant places that you want to travel to.

The timetable- already linked – plus a map:

map.search.ch

will help you simplify your itineray.

By the way, all those places….they are all nice. 😉

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2016 at 11:50:54 #854601

Hello ,

Thanks for the reply Annika and Slowpoke.

My Current Itinerary:-

Day 1 and 2:-Lucerne:- Mount Rigi, Mt. Titles, Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Old Town, Lake Lucerne.

Day 3 to 5:- Interlaken:- Harder Kulum, Schillthorn and Trummelbach falls, Lake Thun, Jungfrau region, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Grindelwald. Will its possible Bern from Interlaken.

Day 6:- Zurich:- Rhine falls, Lake.

If there are any more places which I am going to miss out then please advice, as we are open to change our current Itinerary.

Regards,

PayalS

Annika
    7104 posts
    29 July 2016 at 7:50:44 #854602

Hi PayalS,

I think your revised itinerary looks realistic. You’ll now be focusing on nearby locations and cutting down on traveling times. That will allow you to enjoy more of the fantastic (outdoor) scenery. Of course you won’t be able to visit all famous Swiss sites, but you simply can’t do them all in a short holiday. You did list a couple of trips that are considered to be true highlights, so don’t worry.

Yes, Bern is definitely possible as a day trip from Bern. Did you check the timetable I mentioned before? If you really like city visits it’s a good option. But if mountains appeal to you more, I’d just focus on the immediate Jungfrau region if I were you and keep Bern on your list as an alternative for a bad weather day.

• The thread ‘6 Days trip to Lucerne, Interlaken and Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.