6 yr old travelling on Swiss Family Card to Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2017 at 7:17:56 #812930

Hello,

I am travelling with my 6 year old daughter to Switzerland. I have taken 8 days Swiss Travel pass for myself & my daughter is travelling on Swiss Family card.

For Mt Titlis trip, tickets are discounted @ 50% for Swiss Travel pass users. I want to know for my daughter, does she travel free to Titlis with Family card or she also has to pay 50%?

My travel agent says that for our Mt Titlis & Jungfrau trips, the child is covered under Family pass & hence doesn’t pay.

Pls guide.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 August 2017 at 11:05:20 #868234

Hi Ravigargo8,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Your travel agent is right: the Swiss Family Card grants free entrance. No need to buy tickets for your daughter.

Enjoy the trips!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2017 at 11:19:37 #868235

Thank you so much for your reply.

Can you please help us with following 2 queries:

1) We will be staying at Grindelwald Grund for 8 days. Does our Swiss Travel pass cover train journey from Grindelwald station to Grindelwald Grund? Because for Jungfrau, separate tickets need to be bought from Grindelwald to Jungfrau via Kleine Scheidegg.

2) We have been given Jungrfrau vouchers by our travel agent. Where can these vouchers be exchanged for tickets?

Thanks.

Annika
    7104 posts
    12 August 2017 at 17:26:08 #868236

Hi ravigargo8,

1. Grindelwald Grund is on the line between Grindelwald and Kleine Scheidegg, and is therefore discounted by 25% with your Swiss Travel Pass.

2. This should be included in your travel agent’s information. It depends on the type of vouchers they handed to you. I expect exchange to be possible at the Grindelwald railway station and other railway stations in the Jungfrau region, but you’d best check with your travel agent to make sure.

• The thread ‘6 yr old travelling on Swiss Family Card to Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.