Switzerland Itinerary :)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2014 at 15:29:56 #806703

Hi,

I will be travelling to Switzerland 14th to 20th December and London from 20th to 27th December 2014 and back to Zurich from 27th to 29th December 2014.

So i do need some help with coming up with a feasible itinerary and iโ€™m having a hard time planning. I would love to travel to the following places however i do need some professional advice on how i can have a smoother itinerary.

Places i would love to visit are:

1. Zurich
    2. Chur
    3. Engadin
    4. Lugano
    5. Interlaken
    6. Grindelwald
    7. Bern
    8. Chocolate Factory
    9. Outlet shopping/ Milan 1 day

My planned itinerary is:

• 14/12 โ€“ Depart SG to Zurich
    • 15/12- Zurich to Chur
    • 16/12- Chur to Lugano and Engadin
    • 17/12- Lugano to Milan
    • 18/12-Interlaken and Grindelwald
    • 19/12- Interlaken and Grindelwald
    • 20/12- Bern
    • 21/12 to 27/12 โ€“ LONDON
    • 28/12 t0 29/12 โ€“ Zurich
    • 29/12- Depart Zurich at night.

Not sure if this plan is sufficient or too rush. But i do hope to have a fair share of hiking, sightseeing and shopping for this trip. Would love to receive your advice!

Hope to hear from you soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 October 2014 at 10:20:45 #841270

Hello heeyeekee,

To be honest, itโ€™s a bit much for 7 days. I mean, just the Engadin offers enough to do for weeks, and it looks like youโ€™re just passing by on the 16th. In general itโ€™s better to stay a bit longer in fewer places, as that allows you to really explore the region and to be flexible (e.g. plan city trips on bad weather days and mountain excursions when itโ€™s sunny). In your case, I would skip Chur, and stay longer in two places: e.g. Lugano and Grindelwald or the Engadine and Grindelwald. From Grindelwald, you can easily do a day trip to Bern.

For more planning tips, please look here: http://www.myswissalps.com/plantrip/doityourself

Did this help you out?

• The thread โ€˜Switzerland Itinerary :)โ€™ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

Weโ€™re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annikaโ€™s 20-minute e-mail course, โ€œSwitzerland for beginnersโ€. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.