7 days trip to Wonderland – Switzerland!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2014 at 9:26:04 #806656

Dear Arno & Annika,

Firstly, thank you for the very informative site!

I alongwith my wife have planned to visit Switzerland from 09th Oct 2014 to 15th Oct 2014; we have made a draft itenary which is as follows:

We have taken Swiss pass for 8 days; some practical questions for you’ll:

1. What kind of clothes (including shoes) would be great during stay at respective city and during excursion to mountains considering spending time and having fun at various snow parks at peaks!

2. Plan for Zurich as we intend to reach Zermatt by 4-5 pm on Day 1.

3. We intend to go for Para Gliding @ Interlaken during our stay there.

4. We intend to go for a short trek (total time around 3 hours) during our stay, request your various recommendation at various feasible location..

5. We have not brought any excursion tickets, is it advisable to buy before trip or later during visit?

6. Lastly and important, your valuable insight as i intend to make a memorable trip for both of us.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Regards,

Niral.

09th Oct 2014
    Landing @ Zurich at
    07.00 am
    Zermatt

10th Oct 2014
    Plan to visit
    Matterhorn
    Zermatt

11th Oct 2014
    Zermatt to Interlaken
    Interlaken

12th Oct 2014
    Plan to visit Mt.
    Jungfroujoch
    Interlaken

13th Oct 2014
    Interlaken to Lucerne
    Lucerne

14th Oct 2014
    Plan to visit Mt.
    Titlis
    Lucerne

15th Oct 2014
    Lucerne to Basel
    (Train to Paris @ 4 pm)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 September 2014 at 12:22:06 #841113

Hi Niral,

Thanks for your post! For tips about clothing please see here: http://www.myswissalps.com/weather. Regular shoes or sneakers are fine for towns and traveler, but for hiking and snow activities I recommend solid water proof hiking shoes.

Hiking tips are here:

About excursion tickets: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/tickets-in-advance

Please be aware that you have very little time in each of the towns, so keep a close eye on the weather reports to see if you can actually do the trips you have planned. Mountains peaks are not worth visiting in the clouds, and hiking/paragliding can’t be done in bad weather. So be flexible and plan by the day. Should the Titlis be covered in clouds, you can consider a trip up Mount Rigi. It’s much lower (no snow in October) but really nice, and it’s free with your Swiss Pass.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2014 at 8:57:46 #841114

Thanks you Arno for the insightful speck!

What i understand from your insight is that its best to buy excursion tickets on the particular excursion day itself after keeping check on weather and certainly also for paragliding / hiking.

Would request you to suggest whats best to do in Zurich since i will reach at 07 in the morning and plan to take train to Zermatt at around 1-2 in the afternoon. Would like to include boat trip in Zurich!

Thanks again & Take Care,

Niral.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 September 2014 at 15:56:51 #841115

Hi Niral,

Paragliding may need to be reserved in advance, please check that with the company of choice. Tips for Zurich are listed here. My choice would be a river cruise starting at the “Zurich Landesmuseum” (next to the main rail station), then get off at “Bürkliplatz” and stroll back to the main rail station from there. All information can be found through the link. You can store your luggage at the station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2014 at 8:42:06 #841116

Thanks for the information Arno!

I shall inquire with the company for the Paragliding! Thanks for preferring your choice for Zurich!

I hope the luggage is safe to store at the Zurich Train station?

Take Care,

Niral.

Annika
    7124 posts
    27 September 2014 at 15:33:21 #841117

There’s a staffed left luggage office and automated lockers. It’s safe, but if you have very valuable stuff in your luggage it’s probably better to use the office.

Kind regards,

Annika

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2014 at 7:16:36 #841118

Thank you Annika for the information.

Will keep you posted towards our journey :)!!

Take Care,

Niral.

Annika
    7124 posts
    29 September 2014 at 7:56:55 #841119

Please do, Niral. A trip report is always very welcome!

• The thread ‘7 days trip to Wonderland – Switzerland!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.