7 Night trip to Switzerland in November from India

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2016 at 10:25:41 #809558

Hi, I am planning trip to Switzerland in November- Starting 2nd November. I am coming from India & we will be 4 Adults & 2 Kids( Age 6 years & 11 Years) Please guide on the mentioned queries.

1) Is it the right time of the year to visit Switzerland, if not then please advice on the month to come.

2) what should be the ideal itinerary considering we don’t want to track & travel much. We wish to take an apartment with 2 bedrooms & cooking facility.

3) We are planning for 8 days & 7 nights to spend. Kindly make an itinerary so to cover the best of the Switzerland.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 June 2016 at 11:40:17 #853605

Hi Atul, welcome to MySwissAlps!

1) November is low season because it’s in between Summer and Winter. It’s definitely not the best month, but you can still have a good time. This page provides some insight in seasons: myswissalps.com/ besttimetovisit. Also see this thread: myswissalps.com/ forum/topic/ visiting-swiss-in-november.

2) Apartments can be searched for here: myswissalps.com/ rentals.

3) You will have to make your own itinerary. It’s your holiday and only you know about your interests, travel pace and budget. We’re more than willing to help if you first check out our website (start with the top menu) and post a tentative itinerary and any questions that may remain. Our website offers lots of information to get you started: planning tips, sample itineraries, activity details, train pass information and more.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 June 2016 at 15:09:12 #853606

Hi Atul123 –

I’ll add a bit to what Arno said-

November is low season. It is cold and definitely late fall or early winter. There are often clear sunny days with warm sun, but there are even more grey cloudy days. In the high Alps – the most scenic parts of Switzerland – the summer hikers are long gone and the skiers won’t arrive until around mid-December. Up there, a lot of hotels are shut down (not all) , until mid-December, and some of the cableways that are not actually public transport are not running.

Weather is heavily dependent on altitude, and is difficult to predict in detail, because the mountains influence the local weather.

My favorite month is September.

I have been coming to Switzerland on business and for pleasure for more than 30 years, and have been there in every month. I always found a way to enjoy it, often hiking in the countryside. But, if you are not hikers, you are more limited in what you can do. July and especially August are very busy. School is out in August. August is vacation month for many Europeans. June can be nice, but the weather can still be variable and wet.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-for-june-15th-19th-lucerne-as-base

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-june-11-june-18-continued

Note comments about clouds.

Luzern can be an excellent base. If you are there for as long as you mention, you may find that an apartment in a smaller town with frequent rail service or bus service to a main town is less expensive with only a small sacrifice of time.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘7 Night trip to Switzerland in November from India’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.