70% off Titlis, Pilatus, Schilthorn & Gornergrat!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2015 at 8:46:43 #846374

Dear Arno

Is the swiss peak promo applicable to Swiss half fare card as well ?Thank you .

Arno
    15481 posts
    16 October 2015 at 9:14:40 #846375

Hi Vicky,

No, it’s only for Swiss Travel Pass holders. You can review further details through any of the links in my post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 October 2015 at 17:15:43 #846376

Hi ArnoI am busy planning our itinerary from 26.12.15 until 13.01.16 for Switzerland. We are family of 4. Never been in Swiss or even playing in snow. (Does not snow in Cape Town, South Africa). Will ask more Q later, but for now I want some advice on the following:We are going to stay most of the time in Zurich (3 days). Lucern (2 days and Crans Montana the rest of the time (Home exchange). We will be travelling with Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi. We want to experience the snow and snow related activities and play in the snow. Only one to go up one mountain peak. Which one would you recommend: Titlus, Schilthorn, Niessen, Rigi, Materhorn or any other peak in the vicinity of Crans Montana ? (I want to make use of the current special on Swiss Travel Pass).Thanks for a wonderful web site with relevant, good information.Albert

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 October 2015 at 20:35:31 #846377

Hi Albert, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Mount Niesen will be closed when you’re in Switzerland. Mount Rigi is free with your pass (on a free travel day) anyway, so no restrictions there. The mountains included in the special are all wonderful and all have snow. You can best review our pages about each of these mountains to see what appeals to you most. Click ‘What to do’ in the top menu to get there. My first impression is that you would like Titlis.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2015 at 4:07:57 #846378

Hi Arno,

I have the Swiss travel pass valid for 4 days. Which mean I need to purchase 2 additional pass if I need to go 2 places – gornegrat and Mt Titlis?

And the expiration date till when. I only reach Switzerland on 14 November(Saturday)

regards,

Fionn

Arno
    15481 posts
    28 October 2015 at 9:33:59 #846379

Hi Fionn,

I am not sure I understand your question. If you want to take the rides up to Gornergrat and Mount Titlis during the 4 pass days, you either buy a ticket on the spot (50% discounted), or you buy the promotion tickets discussed here in this thread. They’ll be valid until November next year (see my original post).

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2015 at 13:14:14 #846380

Hi Arno,

I intend to the purchase a Swiss Travel Pass for my 4 day trip.

Do I need to purchase the Swiss Travel pass before I can purchase the discounted tickets for Mt Titlis etc from the links above?

How would they know that I have purchased the Swiss Travel pass in order to offer me the additional 20% off? Do I need to show the Swiss Travel Pass at the counter when I exchange promo tickets for actual tickets?

Thanks

Arno
    15481 posts
    28 October 2015 at 13:26:54 #846381

Hi rakeshca,

You don’t need to buy the pass and the tickets at the same time. But you do need to show both at the cable car station. Why would you consider not buying the pass at the same time?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2015 at 13:53:57 #846382

Hi Arno,

I didn’t want to miss the promo. I just realized that the tickets are non refundable so yes, there is no reason not to buy both together 🙂

Also, I noticed the Mt Titlus cost is 46 Euros p.p. on the promo. If I use just the 50% off with my Swiss Travel pass the cost is 51CHF (89 CHF – 50% off 45 CHF and chair lift 12 CHF 50% off – 6 CHF) which is almost the same. Where is the 20% discount? am I missing something?

Arno
    15481 posts
    28 October 2015 at 14:22:43 #846383

Hi rakeshca,

I guess the price difference is less than expected due to exchange rates. They probably round it up to prevent changing their price all the time (the basic price is always CHF). But, do note that you normally don’t get a discount on the chair lift, so you pay the full CHF 12. The lift is however included in the promo tickets, so you still save about € 6 per person.

• The thread ‘70% off Titlis, Pilatus, Schilthorn & Gornergrat!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.