7D Swiss Family Trip – Montreux/Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2015 at 9:32:24 #807267

Hi, I will be flying in with the family to Paris Disneyland and will head to Switzerland for 7D early July. Family of four with two young kids 6 & 3. Itinerary as below :

• Day 1 – Travel from Paris Disneyland to Montreux – Montreux Accommodation
    • Day 2 – Chocolate Train / Self travel to Callier Nestle & Gruyere Cheese – Montreux Accommodation
    • Day 3 – Glacier 3000 – Montreux Accommodation
    • Day 4 – Travel to Interlaken, Interlaken City Sights – Interlaken Accommodation
    • Day 5 – Bern Day Trip – Shopping – Interlaken Accommodation
    • Day 6 – Brienz Steam Train – Interlaken Accommodation
    • Day 7 – Travel from Interlaken to CDG

I am having issues with :

1) Montreux accommodation – Not too many options and very expensive. Any other nearby town/city with reasonably priced, clean & comfortable accommodation which allows easy access to Chocolate Train / Glacier 3000?

2) Skipping Jungfraujoch as I had been there previously, electing to have the kids experience snow in Glacier 3000 instead.

3) Any other must-see / must-do in Interlaken area? Wouldn’t mind scenery, farms, or simply walking along grassy hills. Thank you for your valuable advice.

• The thread ‘7D Swiss Family Trip – Montreux/Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.