7days in Swis &1night in Milan,Half fare Card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2011 at 21:46:20 #804575

2 of us travelling to 3-5 places in Switzerland.Then one night to Milan. Is the best card for us the Half fare Card?
    SHall we buy it at Geneva Airport when we get in? The trip will take only 8 days.
    Pls advise I want to make a decison in the next 2 days. I’m there from 18 -25 Aug 2011.
    Thank you kind people…:-);-)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    9 August 2011 at 7:49:23 #833767

Hi chocmagic. Which pass is best, depends on many questions. If you’ll be staying in 3 to 5 different places and intend to do quite some traveling, I’d say an 8 day Swiss Saver Pass is more convenient and more economical than a Swiss Half Fare Card. You can make calculations to find out for sure though.

Whether an online or local purchase is cheaper, depends on your country of residence and resellers. Just enter your country of residence and other data under the header ‘Where to buy your Swiss Pass’ at the Swiss Pass page to find out which option is best.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2011 at 22:31:00 #833768

Thank you. I am in malaysia and the local agent selling the swiss pass and euro rail has imposed all kinds of fees that no other country does and uses the highest exchange rate, higher thsn the bank.they do a euro conversion. I read on many malaysian boards online that due to their poor business practise, e eryone buys from overseas and pays the shipping charges and its still cheaper.so thats what im doing. If only euro rail knows that the local agent is spoiling the business of train tickets

Annika
    7103 posts
    10 August 2011 at 4:01:01 #833769

Hi chocmagic. It’s too bad that you heard such stories about local resellers. As you have probably checked by now at the Swiss Pass page, an online purchase from Malaysia of the Swiss Saver Pass through TrainTicket is a lot cheaper than buying your passes locally in Switzerland. Have fun with your Swiss Pass and enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘7days in Swis &1night in Milan,Half fare Card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.