8 Day in Switzerland-1st timer-Low budget

• ManishPandey
    Participant
    2 posts
    5 March 2016 at 11:01:30 #808542

Hi Everyone,

I am planning for a 8 day holiday with my family (wife and 4 yrs my loving daughter) in switzerland from 5th May to 12th May 2016. I was browsing through google and went on to read some forums in other sites but got confused a lot. Then I saw this site. This is really a nice site and I am hopeful that I will get my answer soon. I am planning to take 8 day swiss travel pass and would like to see most of the must sees in switzerland. My specific questions

1. What all things can be covered in these 8 days.

2. Where to stay with low cost

3. What all outdoor activities can be done in these days

4. I have heard some special trains dont come under swiss pass. Please let me know the list of those and prices so that I can plan some of them

Till now I just have booked return flight from Amsterdam to Basel. Also let me know where to stay. I am planning to stay 2 places (4-4 days)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 March 2016 at 8:50:27 #849061

Hi ManishPandey,

Welcome to MySwissAlps and thank you for your compliments!

1./3. There are hundreds if not thousands of things to see and do in Switzerland: hiking, scenic trains, boat trips, museums, city tours, sports, etc., and all of that in many beautiful regions. I’d recommend to first find out what you like to do (click “What to do” in the main menu). Also check the sample itineraries, planning tips, and tips on how to save money: myswissalps.com/plantr ip/doityourself. Feel free to post your tentative plans here for feedback. Lucerne is considered a good place for first time visitors.

2. I’d recommend to first create an itinerary. Then find hotels in the town(s) you have selected. You can post the in the Accommodation forum (read this first) if you need our help finding hotels. Many of our town pages have lists of suggested hotels as well.

4. All trains are free with the Swiss Travel Pass. Only two trains require an additional seat reservation. All details are here:

• The thread ‘8 Day in Switzerland-1st timer-Low budget’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.