8 day Iternary Zurich-Interlaken-Montreux for June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2016 at 11:10:34 #808396

Hi friends,

Me and my 3 friends from Dubai are planning a 8-9 day trip to Switzerland and then move on to Amsterdam for 3 days. Based on things that I would like to do, below is a summary of my days and places I would like to do.

• Day1 Arrive in ZRH
    • Day2 Day in ZRH Rhine falls and city tour
    • Day3 ZRH->Interlaken
    • Day4 Interlaken
    • Day5 Interlaken
    • Day6 Interlaken
    • Day7 Montreaux Night in Montreaux
    • Day8 Geneva
    • Day9 Geneva Geneva->Amsterdam

I need help in finalising the best I can cover in these days and how can I plan my iternary. Below are some of the key places I would like to see

1. Lauterbrunnen(for the falls)
    2. Jungfraujoch/ Schilthorn (Which one is better?)
    3. First flier at Grindelwald
    4. Parasailing
    5. Lake cruise
    6. Do the Eiger Trail from Kleine Scheidegg
    7. Probably visit Murren/Wengen villages.

Which between Interlaken and Lucerne is a good base? Am I missing out on a lot if I decide Interlaken.

The above is just a sample iternary for now and I trust your experienced feedback if you can help me either add more or remove some items to feel Switzerland and not just rush through it.

Best Rgds

Yogesh.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    10 February 2016 at 15:35:45 #848325

Hello Yogesh, thanks for joining us!

Great that you get to visit Switzerland in June. It’s a beautiful month for the regions you plan to cover. Your itinerary looks fine, in my view: it’s all doable and you will be able to enjoy the surroundings at quite a relaxed travel pace. Interlaken makes a lot more sense for you than Lucerne, as most of your interests are in the Jungfrau region and/or Bernese Oberland. Of course you may pick a smaller nearby town too. Overnight suggestions are at http://www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/hotels.

When traveling to Montreux, do consider the scenic Golden Pass route, rather than the regular train connection.

Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch are very different. I suggest you study the pages I linked to and decide for yourself. Further pages that may be of interest, other than the ones already linkes to, are here: Lake Thun, Lake Brienz, Zurich, Montreux, Geneva.

One your itinerary is set, you should look into rail passes. You may want to include the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Half Fare Card in your calculations.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2016 at 19:46:55 #848326

Thanks so much Annika.

I just want to know if its feasible to combine Schilthorn and the parasailing on same day. Similarly is it possible to cover Jungfraujoch and the first flier at Grindelwald on same day. What routes can I take it to make this possible. Is there a lot to see in Lauterbrunnen or can I combine it with something else for the same day.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 February 2016 at 8:39:26 #848327

Hi Yogi,

If you depart early via Wengen to Jungfraujoch you can go down to Grindelwald in the early afternoon for the First Flyer. As for the parasailing: it usually takes quite some time to reach the location, get instructions, do the flight and get back. You’d have to ask about the times and then decide if you can do anything else that day.

• The thread ‘8 day Iternary Zurich-Interlaken-Montreux for June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.