8-day Swiss trip in Semptember

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2013 at 6:03:31 #805946

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to go in August for 8 day tour of Switzerland. After planning my trip i found this forum, so i write and please for tips, and advice. Here is my trip plan to date:
    – arrive to Zurich
    – night in Zurich
    1 – Lucerne– Pilatus ??? / Zurich
    – night in Zurich
    2 – Basel / Bern
    – night around Interlaken
    3 – Jungfraujoch/ something else ??
    4 – Lauterbrunnen
    5 – Zermatt -???
    – night in Martigny
    6 – Geneva/Lausanne/ Montreaux -???
    – night in Martigny
    7 – Chamonix – Aiguille du Midi
    – night in Martigny
    8 – Martigny -> Sion -> Visp – > Chur – > Zurich airport
    And i have a few questions:
    first day: how much time I spend on the Pilatus, or something else I have time to visit
    third day: question as above
    5/6 day – maybecan replace them, so that to Zermatt to drive after a night, and not “in the move”
    May also want to see a lot of things in such a short time, so I ask for advice.
    At the end, sorry for my english if I made any mistakes

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2013 at 12:12:17 #838514

I can add Two pleasant additions to your trip
    1. From Interlaken, the boat ride from Interlaken to Thun is very pleasant. Return to Interlaken by train (station very near the boat landing).
    2. I would not miss Murren. If time allows, take the cable car (across the street from the station at Lauterbrunnen) which transfers to a great little train ride into Murren. Greatest views of the Moch, Eiger and Jungrafu in all of Switzerland. At the far end of town, take the “other cable car” back down to the valley and walk back to Lauterbrunnen or, take the buss.

You are on the move and will see many great sites. We will be in Switzerland in August and again in late September. We allow 4 days in each place and that never seems to be enough.

If your hotel in Zermatt is not scheduled, we always use the Metropol. Beautiful rooms and a 5 star pool and spa area and….personal service

Annika
    7103 posts
    3 May 2013 at 12:20:45 #838515

Hi Kerti. In addition to RCW’s excellent tips: your travel schedule seems quite doable. You may want to check the timetable in advance to see whether you’re fine with all traveling times. Some trips are a rather long, for example Interlaken-Zermatt-Martigny on day 5 and Martigny-Chur-Zurich on day 8. All you have to do is enter your departure and destination stations. This works for viewing points as well. Do mind your spelling indeed (e.g. Lucerne, Jungfraujoch, Geneva, Lausanne, Aiguille du Midi).

Do you plan on taking a rail pass? An 8 day Swiss Saver Pass would be convenient in your case, as you plan to travel quite intensively and make some long (and expensive) trips. As for your question on the Pilatus: you’d spend about 1,5 to 2 hours there at the most. With a Swiss Pass, you might consider replacing this trip by a visit to the Rigi, as that’s entirely for free. The journey from Lucerne to Rigi is longer though.

• The thread ‘8-day Swiss trip in Semptember’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.