8 Day trip to Switzerland.. need your help.. plsss

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2012 at 12:20:29 #804885

Hey all.. how are you.. hope you’re doing fine.. and congrats for having such a beautiful website.. its really informative.. 🙂

Here’s my query, I am planning a 8 day trip to swiss.. i am from india.. i have not been to Swiss ever.. so i need your help..

I am flying on april 19th 2012 to Zurich.. from zurich i go to Interlaken and stay there for 7 nights… and last night i stay back in Zurich..

I m buying a 8 day consecutive swiss pass..

Here’s the thing.. i dont know how will i travel to different cities.. I want to cover Lucerne, Berne, Zurich, Interlaken, Montreaux, Zermatt. I also want to cover Mt. titlis, Harder kulm, Glacier 3000 and jungfraujoch

I just have a swiss pass.. is that sufficient ?? also please tell me if i can visit all the cities and Mt. titlis, Harder kulm, Glacier 3000 from Interlaken?? If yes, is it all connected by train/tram because i cannot afford private transport.. not even a taxi.. so will i be able to complete my whole trip only with a swiss pass?? or is there any place which i cannot visit without hiring a private taxi or something??

Or you can guide me on the following..
    from interlaken hotel how do i reach:
    – Mt. Titlis
    – Jungfraujoch
    – Harder kulm
    – Glacier 3000
    – Zurich
    – Lucerne
    – Berne
    – Zermatt
    – Montreaux.

Thank you in advance.. i hope my question is clear.. I await your reply very eagerly.. Thank you again. God bless you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    10 February 2012 at 3:57:07 #834768

Hello nevilshah! I don’t know if you’ve already bought your Swiss Pass, but since you’ll be traveling in April, the current 2 for 1 Swiss Saver Pass offer would be more economical (that is, if you won’t be traveling on your own). You could buy two discounted 4 day Swiss Saver Pass to have your 8 travel days covered. The Swiss Pass page explains where free traveling is granted and where discounts apply. You’ll also find a link to a map showing the overview of validity.

Train traveling is very easy in Switzerland and your Swiss Pass will cover most of your trips (you will only need discounted tickets for your mountain transportation). Interlaken is a central location indeed. As for planning: the online timetable will assist you. It helps you to figure out every single day trip. You can just enter your departure station (Interlaken Ost or West) and your destination. All of your destinations can be reached by public transport.

I hope this gets you started! Best regards,

• The thread ‘8 Day trip to Switzerland.. need your help.. plsss’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.