A day in St Moritz vs Zurich ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2015 at 5:54:44 #807170

I will be reacing from zermatt to St moritz on 10-Jun-2015 via glaciaer express, i need help decide should i stay night hold in St moritz or continue to Zurich same day and spend a day there instead. my outward flight is from Zurich on 12-June-2015 at 9:00am

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2015 at 6:30:21 #842855

Or do if you recommend to cut the glacier express at Andermatt and go to Flüelen and take the Wilhelm Tell Express instead and remove the St moritz completely off the question and spend a day at Lugano and go direct to Zurich from lugano ?

Annika
    7116 posts
    3 May 2015 at 12:35:03 #842856

Hi immipathan!

All options are possible and it’s really a matter of personal preference. If you like cities, you should continue to Zurich and spend your day there. If you want to explore the mountains, St. Moritz would be an excellent base for June 11. There are several nearby viewing points like Piz Nair or Muottas Muragl, so this would allow you to really experience the Alps. That’s what I would prefer.

The Wilhelm Tell Express page and the timetable will help you find details on the options you mention.

• The thread ‘A day in St Moritz vs Zurich ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.