A short 4-day trip in Switzerland

• grets66
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 February 2015 at 13:15:17 #806878

Hello!

I would like to get some information about which train-ticket option would be the cheapest and wisest to buy. Me and my boyfriend are planning to travel to Switzerland from 14-18 April. Go from Zurich Airport to Zurich, spend the day there and take a train to Interlaken in the evening. Spend 3 days in this area, visit Grindelwald and other small towns in this area and then we need to be back in Zurich airport on the early morning (around 06-07:00) on the 18th of April.

Our ages are 27 and 20. Which train-ticket option is the best Swiss Travel Pass or Flexi Pass? Are there any options to get from Interlaken to Zurich airport in such an early hour?

Thank You

G.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    11 February 2015 at 7:14:40 #841734

Hi G,

You can’t reach Zurich airport from Interlaken that early. There are affordable hotels near Zurich which offer a free shuttle service to the airport. Please see here for a list. So you need to travel to Zurich in the evening of April 17.

You can use a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass (for April 14 to 17) which offers free traveling to all the towns, boats trips, etc., without tickets. Cable cars are discounted. The 20 year old can purchase a Youth version which is 15% cheaper. Alternatively, each of you can purchase a Swiss Half Fare Card. Please see the links for prices, how the passes work, what’s included, etc. Which option is cheaper can be calculated once you know exactly what your day trips will look like.

• The thread ‘A short 4-day trip in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.