A week trip with swiss pass – help with itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2013 at 18:05:18 #806071

Hello friend,
    We will be staying in interlaken for 7 days and have worked out below plan.

Day 1 : arrive morning in geneva frm Brussels: Visit Montreux- chateau de chillon and then go to interlaken with golden pass
    Day 2 Murren, Schilthorn
    Day 3 Go to Zermatt and take glacier express to Chur –
    Day 4 : Pilatus
    Day 5 Gruyere for Cheese and chocolate factory
    Day 6 Mt titlis
    day 7 explore interlaken and leave by Basel in evening

We have below question :
    > Any suggestion to improve this? Anything that we can skip or should inclde?
    > Is peaks in zermatt – Gornergrat & Matterhorn recommended? i will be visiting to pilatus, schilthorn and titlis

> for Glacier express, is any particular part of journey that is recommended more?
    > We have kept one day for interlaken, anything paricular that i can see?
    > Can we visit cheese and choclate factory without choclate train? or is choclate train recommended?
    Many thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2013 at 11:54:27 #838948

i resturcured my trip plan with some advise from friends. Can someone comment if this is feasible or there are places that we can skip or should include?

Arno
    15483 posts
    25 June 2013 at 1:14:19 #838949

Hi schandank,

Is it the restructured version of your itinerary that you posted here? To order of things does not seem logical to me. Also it’s not clear to me where you would spend the nights. It looks like you would spend very much time on traveling, which is fine if you choose to do so, but there is a more efficient order. For example:

• Do the Chillon castle, the cheese factory and the chocolate factory from Montreux. You can visit the factories without traveling with the Chocolate Train.
    • Go to Zermatt and spend one or two nights there. The Gornergrat is a great trip from there. Then take the Glacier Express to Chur.
    • Then move to Lucerne to visit the Titlis and Pilatus.
    • Finally move to Interlaken for Mürren and the Schilthorn. Interlaken itself is not that interesting. You’d best consider mountain trips, lake cruises and hiking.

Still, it’s quite a lot for a week, but it’s doable. The main factor to take into account is the weather. You need good weather for the mountain tops or it will not be worth the time and money to go up there. It helps to have multiple days in one base town to be flexible.

You can check this map to see where everything is located and the timetable to see how much time traveling takes. In any case you’ll be needing a Swiss Pass to save on traveling costs. Hotels near the rail stations can be found here.

Brig to Chur (or St. Moritz I would say) is considered the highlight of the Glacier Express.

Does this help? Have fun!

• The thread ‘A week trip with swiss pass – help with itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.