Accomodation Jungfrau region in August

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2015 at 21:41:15 #807523

Hi

I am trying to find accomodation for 2 people in the Jungfrau region for 3 nights from 14 August. In Grindelwald, Murren, Wengen or somewhere near. I find the site difficult to use and when I search it brings up a heap of occupied places or says check in date invalid. My budget is up to about $230 Australian dollars a night if possible.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 July 2015 at 0:14:40 #844302

Even though it is high season, and most accommodations will be already fully booked, at 162 ( approx.) CHF per night, you might find something. It is little late to be looking.

For comparison, I am booked at a very good hotel for 145 CHF per night, for one person in early August.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ho tels/budget

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/s witzerland/grindelwald /hotels

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 July 2015 at 9:30:36 #844303

Hi Tegan,

Various good hotels in Grindelwald are listed here: myswissalps.com/ grindelwald/hotels
    A few available hotels around your budget:
    Gasthof Panorama (in the upper part of town with good views, but not near the rail station)
    Jungfrau Lodge Swiss Mountain Hotel (close to the rail station)
    Gletscherschlucht (a bit out of town)

Mürren:
    Hotel Blumental (in the middle of town between the rail station and the Schilthorn cable car station)
    Regina Hotel (just opposite the previous one)
    Alpenblick (just outside the village but very close to the rail station)
    Alpina (also close to the rail station, and wonderful views)

Wengen:
    Jungfraublick
    Résidence Bernerhof (affordable studios near the rail station)
    Also see this forum thread.

Like Slowpoke said, it’s rather late to book, as August is high season, but the above hotels were still available when I checked.

Did this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2015 at 9:43:14 #844304

Thanks for that

Are you able to tell what chalets are available if any are?

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 July 2015 at 9:51:16 #844305

Hi Tegan,

You’re welcome! Renting a chalet for 3 nights in high season in this popular region, for your budget and last minute is nearly impossible. I couldn’t find many options. Chalets and homes are usually rented by the week from Saturday to Saturday. You can do a search through http://www.en.e-domizil.ch/ holiday-houses/ch/854/ jungfrauregion-bernese-oberland-switzerland/ but there won’t be much available I’m afraid. I would recommend to stick to a hotel. One option you may want to look into is the Lohnerhus. It’s in a pretty remote but beautiful location near Grindelwald.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2015 at 9:55:07 #844306

ok thanks. what town would you recommend? also would you recommend going to zermatt or even staying one night there?

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 July 2015 at 9:58:31 #844307

I just added one apartment to my previous post.

All these towns are wonderful; it depends on what you’re looking for. Grindelwald is lively and the biggest town with more shops and restaurants. Mürren and Wengen a bit smaller, and car free so very different. Zermatt is wonderful, but if you only have 3 nights I would skip it. The Jungfrau region offers enough to do for weeks.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    9 July 2015 at 20:41:34 #844308

Here are some thoughts from a true fan of Wengen. http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim

• The thread ‘Accomodation Jungfrau region in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.