Activate print at home Swiss Travel Pass?

• Joanna6
    Participant
    12 posts
    4 June 2016 at 11:52:14 #809350

Hello,

We purchased our Swiss Travel Pass online and have printed them. When we arrive in Basel, do we need to have them activated or does the beginning date printed on the pass serve that purpose? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 June 2016 at 13:23:37 #852623

Hi Joanna6,

Print at home passes are ready to use; no activation required. Please find details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2016 at 20:29:56 #852624

Joanna, we have just purchased our STPs and curious how long it took for your order to show up in your email? 2-7 Days or more? Thanks, Addierose

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 June 2016 at 21:11:44 #852625

Hi addierose,

Delivery times depend on where you buy your pass and in some cases also on your travel date. So Joanna’s experience might be different from yours. For example: http://www.swissrailways.com delivers orders through e-mail in 3 working days or less, but if you order well before your travel date they hold on to orders until 2 weeks before. I think they do so to allow easy cancellation. Anyway, it’s explained while ordering, and if you don’t want to wait for it you can use the Notes field to request direct delivery. Other websites typically take up to 3 business days too, but often one day only.

Joanna6
    Participant
    12 posts
    5 June 2016 at 0:27:34 #852626

Ours arrived within 2 days. I bought them 2 weeks ago. Hope yours comes quickly!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 19:14:39 #852627

Annika, we received our “print at home” Swiss travel Pass for 8 days. They did arrive as you said in just a few days. An earlier post reply to my inquiry said we could purchase a “Grandchild travel Card” for our 15 year old grandson, when we arrived in Zurich. Is this still the case or did the STP change that? addierose

Annika
    7116 posts
    7 June 2016 at 19:38:06 #852628

Sure, that will still work. You can go to the ticket office of the train station in Zurich with your passports and buy the card.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 21:03:52 #852629

Arno confirmed last March regarding the Grandchild travel card for 15 year old however I had also inquired at the STC Travel Center and she said “no” 15 year old grandchild would not receive the 30 euro grandchild card with STP pass and would have to purchase his own STP at 1/2 price. Confused. addierose

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 June 2016 at 4:12:16 #852630

Hi Addierose,

I’ve never heard of an exception for Swiss Travel Pass holders. The only requirement is that the grandparent have a valid ticket/pass themselves. However, they will inform you at the station if this combination is somehow not allowed. You could ask at sbb.ch to double check.

• The thread ‘Activate print at home Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.