Advance purchase of a Swiss Card

• gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    16 February 2012 at 11:17:13 #804914

Dear Forum: I plan on purchasing a Swiss Flexi Pass for a trip in September and want to know how far in advance of the date I first use the pass can the purchase date be. Thanks, Gary

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

andrew
    Participant
    147 posts
    16 February 2012 at 14:02:40 #834846

Hi Gary,
    Two months.
    Andrew

Annika
    7124 posts
    17 February 2012 at 14:32:26 #834847

Hi gyellin! It depends on the reseller you pick. For example: Rail Europe allows you to buy passes up to 6 months before the first date you use the pass, and will ship right after you placed your order. STC allows you to order passes even a year in advance, but will ship a couple of weeks before your departure.

Please note that there’s a 2 for 1 Swiss Saver Flexi Pass offer for September. That may be interesting for you (provided you’ll be traveling with someone else).

gyellin
    Participant
    21 posts
    20 February 2012 at 13:18:37 #834848

Thanks Annika: I plan on buying the 2 for 1 Swiss Flexi Pass from STC, and if I hear you correctly, I can purchase that pass now and it will be valid for my dates in Switzerland this year – Sept. 7 to Sept 13, 2012.

Gary

Annika
    7124 posts
    20 February 2012 at 14:56:51 #834849

That’s correct Gary. Just fill out 7 September as your start date on the STC site, and you’ll be able to place the order.

• The thread ‘Advance purchase of a Swiss Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.