Advice 6 days in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 July 2015 at 23:36:57 #807633

Hi!

I’m planning to visit Switzerland for 6 days. The cities I’m visiting are Zurich, Bern, Geneva, Interlaken, Jung, Zermatt. After than, I’m travelling to Munich.

Which rail pass should I buy?

Thank you so much for your help! The rail passes are a bit confusing.

Warm regards 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 July 2015 at 11:27:50 #844767

Hi huiyan,

The passes to choose from are:

• 8-day Swiss Travel Pass: trains to all towns are included, except Jungfraujoch (is that what you mean?). Jungfraujoch is free to Wengen or Grindelwald, and the remaining leg is 25% discounted.
    • Swiss Half Fare Card: allows you to buy tickets for all trips with a 50% discount.

Please see the links for how the passes work, where to buy, what’s included, etc. You choice will depend on the day trips (cable cars, boats) you do from these towns, and whether you mind buying tickets all the time (Swiss Half Fare Card), or prefer most of it to be included (trains, boats, buses and museums are included in the Swiss Travel Pass).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 July 2015 at 12:37:05 #844768

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your reply! 😀

Can we buy the rail passes in Switzerland itself or must we buy in advance?

Warm regards,

Hui Yan

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 July 2015 at 13:00:06 #844769

You’re welcome Hui Yan!

You can see all the purchase options if you click to the Price section of the pass pages I gave you. You don’t have to buy in advance, but it’s the cheaper and more convenient option. As you live in Singapore I would recommend to take a look at http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ pass/swiss-pass, and use the discount codes on http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ special-offers/great-deals-to-tour-Europe to save a bit more.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2015 at 7:26:05 #844770

Thank you so much! 🙂

• The thread ‘Advice 6 days in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.