Advice Needed : 5D4N – which pass i need ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2012 at 2:20:48 #805291

Hi,

I will be in Zurich on 27 Jul’12 morning from Paris and signseeing at the city then to Schatfhausen for Rhine Falls. After that, heads to Interlaken.
    2nd day : From interlaken to Jungfraujoch then walk around Grindelwald and back to interlaken.
    3rd day : Interlaken to Hergiswil to Engerlberg to Lucern
    4th day : Enjoy Glacier Express to Zermatt
    5th day : Zermatt to Venice ( Italy)

Appreciate your all favaorable replies.
    Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    24 May 2012 at 11:02:14 #836199

Hello tay.tiffany! I’d say you should consider a 3 day Swiss Flexi Pass, using free travel days for day 1, day 4 and day 5. Discounts will be available for your trips on day 2 and 3.

Just a note on your travel schedule: do you plan to end day 3 in Lucerne or Interlaken? If so, you can’t really take the Glacier Express to Zermatt (that is, not the entire route that starts at St. Moritz), as that’s a very different route than Lucerne/Interlaken-Zermatt. You can do part of the trip up to Interlaken by Golden Pass though. Then head on to Spiez and take the Lötschberg RegioExpress via Kandersteg and Goppenstein. This route will be a fantastic scenic experience too. You can plan it using the timetable, entering the right ‘via’ stations.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2012 at 11:54:06 #836200

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.

Please advise if I end my day 3 in Lucerne , wil it advisable to take glacier express?

Because I will go Milan or Venice so thinking to stop at Zermatt to ease my transit to Milan or Venice.

Annika
    7104 posts
    26 May 2012 at 12:53:55 #836201

Hello tay.tiffany! No, that’s not advisable as it’s such a long detour. It’s a good idea to plan an overnight stay in Zermatt, but you can best travel using the route I suggested. You won’t miss out on great views along the way!

• The thread ‘Advice Needed : 5D4N – which pass i need ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.