Advice needed for Swiss Travel in Oct

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2015 at 11:27:14 #807174

Hi

I would like to visit Swiss with my friend (2 Adults) in early Oct , but need some advice on certain areas, it will be great if you can help me out 🙂 my visiting plan as follow

Day 1: landed in Zurich airport — Zurich City

Day 2: Zurich to Schaffhausen to Stein to Zurich

Day 3: Zurich to Luzern

Day 4: Luzern to Interlaken by Golen pass

Day 5: Jungfrau

Day 6: Interlaken to Bern

Day 7: Bern to Geneva

Day 8: Geneva to Paris

1. Anyway I can shorten the trip to 7 days or even 6 days?

2. please guide which train pass should I buy — 4 days? 8 days? travel pass or flex one?

3. on Swiss travel pass, 1. Class and 2.class is it mean class 1 and class 2 on the transportation? is there a huge different? will that be hard to get a seat if I am on class 2?

4. Can I buy the Swiss pass when I arrive in Zurich airport? Or it is better to purchase it online?

many thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 May 2015 at 6:58:15 #842864

Hi emisai,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! As for your questions:

1. Sure, but you would have to skip some places. In that case I would choose to skip Zurich and go straight to Luzern. And to skip Geneva, and also don’t stay in Bern but possibly do it as a day trip from Interlaken. Each time you switch hotels you loose quite some time checking out/in and packing/unpacking.

2. I recommend to first finalize your itinerary. Then pick a pass as explained here.

3. Second class is fine. Please see myswissalps.com/ train/practical/ 2nd1stclass for details.

4. Yes you can, but buying it online is cheaper and more convenient as you can see in this list of points of sale (also check the Discounts section of the page). In your case buying a pass through raileurope.hk/pass/swi ss-pass makes sense.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2015 at 8:28:05 #842865

Thank you so much for your advice! Very useful!

• The thread ‘Advice needed for Swiss Travel in Oct’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.