Advice needed on my swiss trip itenerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2012 at 11:24:16 #805147

Hi,

We are planning to visit Switzerland in last week of April, 25th to 28th. We have booked accomodation at Interlaken. As of now, our plan looks like this:

Day 1: Arrive at zurich aiport at 9-> visit Rhine falls -> Reach Interlaken by noon — Here I am not sure what to do rest of the day, Searched for Niederhorn or Schilthorn, but there are no trains available from Interlaken until 28th Apr :(.. Is there a option for a boat ride in lake Thun or any other place to visit for half day trip?

Day 2: Full day trip to Jungfraujach

Day 3: Trip to Mt.Titlis — Can any other place also be covered on this day??

Day 4: Goto Niederhorn and reach Zurich back by 18:00..

Please suggest on any modifications required and also to fill in the gaps so as to make most of my short trip…

Many Thanks in Advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2012 at 14:35:12 #835701

We have bought 4 days Swiss pass using 2 for 1 offer.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    2 April 2012 at 7:32:05 #835702

Hello Sneha,

Using the timetable you’ll see that it takes about 45 min. to reach Schloss Laufen, Rheinfall, from Zürich Airport. After visiting the falls it takes about 3 hours to reach Interlaken. So, you’ll reach Interlaken later than expected. As far as I can see, it’s only the cablecar from Beatenberg up to Niederhorn that’s closed. Normal trains from Interlaken are running though. It would be too late to visit Schilthorn that day, I guess.

Some possibilities for an afternoon trip:
    – check this website of the BLS to see whether a boat trip on lake Thun will fit your plans.
    – take the funicular from Interlaken (near Interlaken Ost railway station) to Harder Kulm. On a good day you’ll have marvellous views on the mountains of the Bernese Oberland,
    – visit the Trümmelbach falls (near Lauterbrunnen).

For other activities on day 3 you might look at the website of Lucerne. You could visit the city and the Kappelbrücke.

I hope this helps and wish you a nice stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2012 at 16:48:52 #835703

Thanks for the reply.. we will plan accordingly…

One more question..
    What could be the temperature at Jungfraujoch and Titlis during April?

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    5 April 2012 at 4:27:12 #835704

Hello Sneha,

Something about average temperatures on Jungfraujoch can be found here, for Mt. Titlis you can find info here.

I hope you enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2012 at 17:20:55 #835705

Another suggestion on 1st day:
    Visit St. Beatus caves – absolutely wonderful. You can take bus routes 21 (towards thun) get down at beatusholen OR take a boat ride.
    If you take the boat ride – it really a long way up till the caves – but if you are in adventures mood, nothing like it – spectaclar view of the lake and the mountains. And as you go up, it only gets better as you see the waterfall before reaching the cave. You do not get any discount on Swiss Pass, but you do get discount on you Guest Karte – so take them along (even the bus / boat ride are free!)
    If you take the bus, there is still a climb but comparitvely less.
    Time your visit – the usual routine of Bus back to interlaken is 30 mins, but if you miss the return bus at 5:38PM bus then you will have to wait for 1 hour (of 6:38 PM which is also the last bus)

• The thread ‘Advice needed on my swiss trip itenerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.