Advice needed on rail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2014 at 18:16:56 #806752

Hi, There are so many options on the rail passes that I am very confused 🙁 I am planning a 6 day trip starting in Geneva. Day 1 Geneva to Interlaken Day 2 Interlaken to Jungfrau & back Day 3 Interlaken to Champerey Day 4 Champerey to Portes du Soleil & back Day 5 Champerey to Matterhorn Day 6 Champerey to Geneva. Should I get a rail pass and if so which one ?!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    8 December 2014 at 5:44:46 #841385

Hi kmukunth,

When will you be traveling? What is the age of all travelers? At first glance I would say that a 4-day Swiss Flexi Pass fits your plan. You can use the free travel days on day 1, 3, 5 and 6, and get discounted tickets on day 2 and 4. All about the pass can be found here. And here’s how to select the best pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 December 2014 at 7:18:59 #841386

Hi, Thanks for your response. I will be travelling mid of December with 2 adults and 1 child from the UK. Are the Flexi passes a good option in this case ?

Annika
    7116 posts
    8 December 2014 at 7:54:31 #841387

Hi kmukunth,

I asked about the date because there will be new passes as of January 1. You can buy one Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for the two adults, and you can get a free Swiss Family Card for the child to travel along for free (assuming that the child is younger than 16 and the adults are the parents). See here for how to get the pass please.

Have a wonderful stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 December 2014 at 20:31:36 #841388

Hi Annika, thanks much for your response.

• The thread ‘Advice needed on rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.