Advice needed on travel pass 4 days Geneva/Basel

Advice needed on travel pass 4 days Geneva/Basel

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
skybluesuzie
skybluesuzie
3 posts
Mar 19, 2016 - 10:14 PM

Hi,

We are 2 adults travelling to Geneva on 17th May, flying home on 20th. We need to get from Geneva airport to our hotel in Rue Rousseau ,13 Geneva 1201 , maybe take a boat trip on the lake, next day we need to travel to Basel football stadium, staying in Basel overnight then travel to Nash airport hotel for our last night. Our only other plans are sightseeing. Which is the cheapest pass to do this please and is the price per adult or per family?

Thank you.

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Mar 20, 2016 - 11:21 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, skybluesuzie!

Which pass is best depends on what exact sightseeing you plan to do. Free transportation in Geneva is provided by the Geneva Transport Card and in Basel by the Mobility Ticket. If you'll be making longer regional trips, an additional rail pass like the Swiss Half Fare Card could be a good option. The prices displayed are per adult. You'll have to make calculations to be sure though.

I hope this gets you started!

skybluesuzie
skybluesuzie
3 posts
Mar 20, 2016 - 1:01 PM in reply to Annika

Thank you, yes we will be using the free cards but still have to get from the airport of our first hotel in Geneva , day 2 we need to get to Basel and day 3 back to the airport. I am unsure how far we can travel on the free pass.

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Mar 20, 2016 - 1:21 PM in reply to skybluesuzie

Hi skybluesuzie,

You'll find additional information and a list of 6 links to more details here: myswissalps.com/ geneva/travel.

skybluesuzie
skybluesuzie
3 posts
Mar 20, 2016 - 3:18 PM in reply to Arno

Can I get a free pass at Geneva airport which covers my travel to Geneva train station?

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Mar 20, 2016 - 3:39 PM in reply to skybluesuzie

There was such an option (you could get a free ticket from a machine in the luggage claim area), but as far as I know it's no longer there.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016