Advice needed on travel pass 4 days Geneva/Basel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2016 at 22:14:36 #808661

Hi,

We are 2 adults travelling to Geneva on 17th May, flying home on 20th. We need to get from Geneva airport to our hotel in Rue Rousseau ,13 Geneva 1201 , maybe take a boat trip on the lake, next day we need to travel to Basel football stadium, staying in Basel overnight then travel to Nash airport hotel for our last night. Our only other plans are sightseeing. Which is the cheapest pass to do this please and is the price per adult or per family?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    20 March 2016 at 11:21:49 #849555

Welcome to MySwissAlps, skybluesuzie!

Which pass is best depends on what exact sightseeing you plan to do. Free transportation in Geneva is provided by the Geneva Transport Card and in Basel by the Mobility Ticket. If you’ll be making longer regional trips, an additional rail pass like the Swiss Half Fare Card could be a good option. The prices displayed are per adult. You’ll have to make calculations to be sure though.

I hope this gets you started!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 13:01:17 #849556

Thank you, yes we will be using the free cards but still have to get from the airport of our first hotel in Geneva , day 2 we need to get to Basel and day 3 back to the airport. I am unsure how far we can travel on the free pass.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 March 2016 at 13:21:03 #849557

Hi skybluesuzie,

You’ll find additional information and a list of 6 links to more details here: myswissalps.com/ geneva/travel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 15:18:17 #849558

Can I get a free pass at Geneva airport which covers my travel to Geneva train station?

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 March 2016 at 15:39:25 #849559

There was such an option (you could get a free ticket from a machine in the luggage claim area), but as far as I know it’s no longer there.

• The thread ‘Advice needed on travel pass 4 days Geneva/Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.