Advice on 4 day Swiss Travel Pass & options day 5

Advice on 4 day Swiss Travel Pass & options day 5

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Joanna6
Joanna6
4 posts
May 2, 2016 - 12:19 PM

Hello,

We have the following itinerary beginning July 17 following an Amsterdam to Basel Viking Cruise:

Day 1 Basel to Zermatt

Day 2 Zermatt to Wengen

Day 3 Wengen to Grindelwald (roundtrip)

Day 4 Wengen to Zurich

Day 5 Downtown Zurich to Zurich Airport

By my calculations the 4 Day Swiss Travel Pass (2nd class) would be the most economical. My questions:

1. Best way to cover the 5th day trip from downtown Zurich to Zurich airport

2. Is it now possible to buy and print my Swiss Travel Pass online and which site should I use? How far in advance should I buy it?

Thanks,

Debbie

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
May 2, 2016 - 5:58 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Debbie!

You can just buy a regular full fare ticket for the short ride from Zurich HB (the main railway station downtown) to Zurich Airport. You can do so from a ticketing machine before boarding your train. Note that some hotels, especially those close to Zurich Airport, offer a free transfer with their own hotel bus.

Yes, you can buy your Swiss Travel Pass online and print it at home. Options are listed here. In your case I'd recommend www.swissrailways.com/ en or www.raileurope.com. Please note their current promotion for 1st class passes.

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
May 3, 2016 - 6:55 PM

Did this answer your questions Debbie? If not, feel free to ask.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016