Advice on 7 day itinerary- base Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2016 at 16:45:41 #809353

Hello,

I would really appreciate it, if I can get your advice on a suitable travel pass for the below itinerary/route. I have found out the price of certain tickets for the different modes of transport mentioned in the itinerary.

Day 1: travel by train from Venice> Milan> Domodossola > Visp > Spiez >Interlaken> Lauterbrunnen > Wengen.

The above is what I most confused about. Whether to buy a pass or point to point tickets.

Day 2: Royal Walk by taking the cable car to Männlichen > cable car to Grindelwald Grund> Train to Grindelwald > cable car to First Flyer>First Flyer to Schrekfled> cable car to Grindelwald > train to Zweilütschinen > train to Lauterbrunnen > train to Wengen.

Day 3: train to Interlaken from Wengen > Lake Brienz cruise > Cog wheel train to Brienz Rothern > Train from Interlaken to Wengen

Please let me know if 34 CHF for the Lake Brienz cruise is for both ways, that is from Interlaken to Brienz and back. Website srates 1/2

Day 4: Hiking in Wengen. 1 train travel involved from Wengernalp to Wengen

Day 5: Hiking in Lauterbrunnen

Train from Wengen> Lauterbrunnen> post bus from Stechelberg Inn back to Lauterbrunnen train station > return to Wengen by train.

Please let me know from where I can find out the cost of the post bus and the schedule

Day 6: Blumenthal and Northface trails

train from Wengen to Lauterbrunnen > cable car to Grütschalp > narrow gauge train to Mürren> Train to Lauterbrunnen > train to Wengen

Day Six

Tanzbodeli hike and explore Gimmelwald

Train from Wengen to Lauterbrunnen to Murren and back the same way

Day 7: departure from Wengen to Zurich airport by train

Many thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 June 2016 at 18:08:47 #852637

Hi Traveller3,

Regular point to point tickets will most likely be too expensive. You may want to check out the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi. It includes Domodossola to Wengen, Wengen to Zurich airport, and 50% off of day trips during your stay. Additionally you would need a Venice to Domodossola ticket.

A Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland as suggested in your other thread may work as well, especially if you like the freedom of unlimited traveling without buying tickets.

Doing the math as explained here helps making a choice.

The boat trip from Interlaken to Brienz and back costs CHF 51.

Please see the above links, and let us know if any questions remain.

• The thread ‘Advice on 7 day itinerary- base Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.