Advice on passes please, a little confused

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2010 at 6:35:47 #803951

me and my friends had bought the eurail pass (332 euro each) and i am wondering if i could get any discount if i want to go to jungfraujoch from interlaken?

there are 2 routes going up to jungfraujoch right?
    1. Interlaken > Lauterbrunnen > Kleine Scheidegg > jungfraujoch
    2. Interlaken > Grindelwald > Kleine Scheidegg > jungfraujoch

may i know which route is cheaper? which route is faster? what is the total amount i have to pay if i wanted to get a return ticket (go and return)?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    12 August 2010 at 8:50:35 #831670

Hi cygenus,

There are indeed two routes which cost the same and are equally fast. I would recommend to use both routes to see as much of the scenery as possible. A Eurail Pass grants a 25% discount on the prices listed here.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2010 at 9:29:34 #831671

Good morning ticket’s route is from interlaken up to jungfraujoch right? can i go up to jungfrau via grindelwald and then return via Lauterbrunnen? can i choose the route when im returning if im using Good Morning ticket? Sorry for the poor english

and 1 more question, It is stated that Good morning ticket cannot be discounted because it is already in reduced rate, if i buy the

Jungfraujoch via Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald 2nd class for 181.8 CHF – 25% discount = 136.36 CHF isn’t it cheaper then Good Morning ticket? lol

Arno
    15482 posts
    12 August 2010 at 10:44:47 #831672

The Good Morning Ticket is for the same route. It is for people who do not have a rail pass. In your case, it’s best to use the discount of your Eurail Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2010 at 11:09:29 #831673

ok, thank you so much for the info and advice, really much appreciated.

• The thread ‘Advice on passes please, a little confused’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.