Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2017 at 10:35:29 #810738

Hi,

We are travelling to Switzerland on April 6-17 (12 days) and we plan to buy either the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass or the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

Can you give me an advice on which is better based on our itinerary:

Arrive on Zurich: April 6

April 6-8: Lucerne

8-10: Lugano

10-12: Zermatt

12-14: Lausanne

14-17: Bern

Depart to Zurich: April 17

Some of our activities that the Pass will be useful:

Lucerne – Pilatus or Titlis

– boat ride along Lake Lucerne

Lugano – Monte San Salvatore or Monte Brè

– either one of the following: go to Morcote Town, The Bellinzona Castles, FoxTown Factory

Zermatt – Klein Matterhorn

Lausanne – Château de Chillon

Bern – go to Gruyères town

– go to Murten Town

– go to Thun (visit one of the castles)

I’m leaning towards the Swiss Travel Pass Flex since on those days that I won’t be using it I’ll just use the City Pass that the hotels give out freely. However, I would like to know if this is the best choice? If not, is the Swiss Travel Pass better?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2017 at 18:01:04 #858707

Hi Luthienbabe,

The Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Flex offer the same benefits. Read more about them on the links.

It’s just that you get to choose the 8 days you use the flex pass on; whereas the 8 days of travel with the Swiss Travel Pass starts immediately once you first use it.

I think your idea of using the Flex pass (even though it is more expensive than the STP), combined with city passes you can get from some hotels is the best option.

How to choose the right Swiss Travel Pass page may be useful for you if you want to do the math on point-to-point tickets bought on days you don’t use the flex pass on.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.