Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2013 at 2:48:40 #806063

Hi I will be going to Swiss for 3 days

I will be going from Milan to Lucerne
    Day 1: Milan – Lucerne
    Day 2: Lucerne – Engelberg – Mt. Titlis – Engelberg
    Day 3: Engelberg – Wengen or Lauterbrunnen
    Day 4: Wengen or Lauterbrunnen – Basel (fly to Amsterdam at 7.20pm)

I have few queries here:
    1. Is my router time and cost effective?Because I’m a first timer
    2. Where should I stay?Wengen or Lauterbrunnen?May I know what is the differece based on your experience?
    3. Can I go to Jungfrau on day 3 or day 4?Actually I’m planning to go to Jungfrau early on day 4, but I’m afraid I will miss my flight at Basel
    4. Is there any other advise that you guys can give me?Do I need to buy Half Fare Card to save the cost?
    Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    21 June 2013 at 10:48:26 #838929

Welcome to the forum, krissy. It would make a bit more sense to visit Wengen or Lauterbrunnen first when entering from Milan. So that would be your trip for day 1. You could do the Jungfraujoch trip on the morning of day 2 and head for Lucerne the same afternoon or evening, getting to the Titlis on day 3. Note that there are other viewing points closer to Lucerne, such as Pilatus and Stanserhorn. Visiting one of them, instead of the Titlis, would help you save on traveling time and costs. And if you’d like to include a boat ride over Lake Lucerne, you could get to the Rigi instead. If it’s too hard to choose, pick Rigi, Stanserhorn or Titlis on day 3 and do the Pilatus trip on your last day in Switzerland. You should manage to get up to the Pilatus early in the morning and then catch a train to Basel. Just use the timetable to plan all trips.

As for a rail pass: yes, you’ll be saving money if you buy one. The Swiss Half Fare Card is an option indeed. A 4 day Swiss (Saver) Pass is worth considering too, especially if you want to be able to adapt your plans on the spot and don’t want to buy additional discounted tickets for buses, trains and boats.

• The thread ‘Advise 3 days in Swiss’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.