Advise on my upcoming stay Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2015 at 6:32:39 #807153

Along with my wife and kids(10 and 6) we plan to vacation in Grindelwald for 5 nights end of May. Plan to cover Schilthorn and Jungfraugh on 22nd and 23rd. We dont have any skiing experience, however want to try out, if possible with a beginner lesson. Is it possible around Grindelwald this time of the year. Please give some details on where, cost etc. If it possibel to rent equipment along with ski attire including boots. If not skiing, where I could take the kids for some kids activities on snow. Thanks in advance for any advise on this.

BK

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 May 2015 at 1:37:59 #842799

Central Sport in Wengen rents skis, and there is also a place in Lauterbrunnen. They are both associated with the Intersport group. Google “Rent skis in Grindelwald” and see what you get. It would be an immense surprise if there were no such place in bustling Grindelwald. I just don’t know it personally.

Arno and Annika may know of a specific one.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 May 2015 at 6:32:48 #842800

The ski season will be over by the end of May. You’d better focus on Jungfraujoch for your snow activities. There’s a snow park there from mid May to mid September, please see here.

• The thread ‘Advise on my upcoming stay Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.