Airport delays in Switzerland for UK tourists?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 21:07:33 #812844

Hi Lucas

We have been hearing disturbing reports about UK passengers being held up in European airports for up to 4 hours, many missing their flights as a result. I know Switzerland though not EU is part of Schengen. Do you know whether extra checks and similar delays are also happening in Swiss airports? We plan as usual to take our cases to Thun railway station the evening before our flight to check them in and get our boarding tickets. This has always worked well in the past and I checked at the station last week that it was possible and to ask what time to check in. But that was before latest ruling from EU.

Maggie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2017 at 6:26:22 #867893

Hi Maggie,

I haven’t heard about anything similar happening in Switzerland; but I am not up to date on specific issues for UK travelers at airports. I did read a Guardian article that talked about delays for non-EU travelers (extra passport checks) but the issues seem to centre around more popular summer destinations like Mallorca, Portugal, Spain etc.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Airport delays in Switzerland for UK tourists?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.